Ronald Koeman

khaled_a_d

He could command authority and respect though due to his legendary status. Would be easier to motivate players imo.

He surely has true legacy here, but on the other hand he has a lot of LVG in him in the sense he is difficult manager on players and lose dressing room quickly because of that.
Think he is in a perfect spot with NT.
And tbh, he blowed his chances to join us when he rejected us in 2003 when we were bad, and then going to Liga 4 years after and doing bad with Valencia

BBZ8800

Imo, he is earning a lot of points.

His team is playing beautiful and he has results.

A strong candidate for our next coach after 2020'.
Barca's Dna is here.
A former player.
A famous player.
An experienced coach.
He is now working with bigger names.
And he is finally playing beautiful and attacking football.

Welcome, Ronald.

Joan

Imo, he is earning a lot of points.

His team is playing beautiful and he has results.

A strong candidate for our next coach after 2020'.
Barca's Dna is here.
A former player.
A famous player.
An experienced coach.
He is now working with bigger names.
And he is finally playing beautiful and attacking football.

Welcome, Ronald.
He's been your favorite for a few years, am I right?

Also think he'll be our next choice.

Havesaks

So how much of an upgrade would he really be to Valverde. It's not like he has amazing feats on his CV? The style would certainly go up by a level or two, but Xavi is lurking anyway in the shadows and will rather sooner than later make his appeareance - maybe even as soon as 2021 with a new board? So I don't really see a reason to gamble on Koemann, if things are going fine with Valverde and he still has the players trust after this season. Having continuity would be the way to go. The grass isnt always greener on the other side. Depending on how the season turns out (another horrible chl ko, losing leauge or who knows what)... VALVERDE > Koemann.

khaled_a_d

So how much of an upgrade would he really be to Valverde. It's not like he has amazing feats on his CV? The style would certainly go up by a level or two, but Xavi is lurking anyway in the shadows and will rather sooner than later make his appeareance - maybe even as soon as 2021 with a new board? So I don't really see a reason to gamble on Koemann, if things are going fine with Valverde and he still has the players trust after this season. Having continuity would be the way to go. The grass isnt always greener on the other side. Depending on how the season turns out (another horrible chl ko, losing leauge or who knows what)... VALVERDE > Koemann.

I doubt Xavi will be here before 2022 at earliest. Won't be surprised if other player of his generation came first.
He is taking unconventional route and I doubt the board wants him to come from Qatari league to our 1st team directly. May be next president will have other plans.
Also he is very comfortable at Qatar, already said that his wife thinks it is the best place to raise there children and I can't blame her. I don't think he is in hurry as many people thinks, he has a new comfortable home already

Last edited:

Havesaks

I doubt Xavi will be here before 2022 at earliest. Won't be surprised if other player of his generation came first.
He is taking unconventional route and I doubt the board wants him to come from Qatari league to our 1st team directly. May be next president will have other plans.
Also he is very comfortable at Qatar, already said that his wife thinks it is the best place to raise there children and I can't blame her. I don't think he is in hurry as many people thinks, he has a new comfortable home already and there is no indications

Ah Nice info. Thanks.
I just kinda figured the next board would look his way because a lot of fans want him. In regard to if his ready, impossible to judge for me. And if he is really coming 2021 or 2022, and Valverde keeps winning leauge and maybe Copa without losing face in chl, im not sure it would be wise to break the continuity for an average coach name like Koemann.

Has anyone followed everton and dutch team, and can say something about his level?

Andresito

Staff member
I'm 100% sure Xavi is in Qatar due to the World Cup in 2022. He has said he has knowledge of every qatari player in the country.
If not head coach he'll at least be an assistant to Felix Sanchez.

I don't think he's investing this much time in Qatar "for nothing". The sheikhs must've had a long term plan with him moving there.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm 100% sure Xavi is in Qatar due to the World Cup in 2022. He has said he has knowledge of every qatari player in the country.
If not head coach he'll at least be an assistant to Felix Sanchez.

I don't think he's investing this much time in Qatar "for nothing". The sheikhs must've had a long term plan with him moving there.

What do you mean "nothing? Would be nice to see how much he earned since there.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Compare Valverde and Ronald Koeman's coaching careers at club level and you'll find everything you need to know.

There's no point screaming Valverde Out all the time if you're going to accept someone who's achieved even less.

EV taking Espanyol to an UEFA Cup Final is more impressive than anything Koeman's done.

National Team Football is so different to Club Football that what he does for the Netherlands shouldn't even count.

khaled_a_d

Compare Valverde and Ronald Koeman's coaching careers at club level and you'll find everything you need to know.

There's no point screaming Valverde Out all the time if you're going to accept someone who's achieved even less.

EV taking Espanyol to an UEFA Cup Final is more impressive than anything Koeman's done.

National Team Football is so different to Club Football that what he does for the Netherlands shouldn't even count.

Koeman was the Ten Hag of his time (when he rejected Barcelona)
Rebuilt Ajax team, played amazing and entertaining football, good CL run that ended only 1 round earlier than Hag due to them facing eventual champions.
He is exactly the reason I am cautious about Hag.
Though non is really a sure thing.

EdmondDantes

I thought he was terrible at Southampton and even worse at Everton. His signings were beyond poor as well.

His Everton side played like Val Gaal's Manchester United but even more defensive and dull.

It would be a bit of a fairy tale to have another Barca legend as a coach but I don't know - maybe he'd work better with better players if he's told to just coach the team and leave the signings to the board...

There's not many options out there though, perhaps we'll give him a shot on a short term deal or something.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Koeman was the Ten Hag of his time (when he rejected Barcelona)
Rebuilt Ajax team, played amazing and entertaining football, good CL run that ended only 1 round earlier than Hag due to them facing eventual champions.
He is exactly the reason I am cautious about Hag.
Though non is really a sure thing.

Different times now though, and Ajax seem to be repeating their performances of last season despite losing Mattijhs de Ligt and F. de Jong, which makes him an even better candidate for the job as he's still finding a way for his system to work to keep winning.

Football have evolved, but Koeman like van Gaal has not. They're managers who love to keep possession for the sake of keeping possession, but have no clue what to do with the ball.

Both strong personalities, but often strong to the point most of the teams they manage turn against them, a la Jose Mourinho.

Home of Barca Fans