User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ronald Koeman

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would bet on him if I had to guess who Robert will choose.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    I would bet on him if I had to guess who Robert will choose.
    Not Unzue?

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imo. they want fan favorite and big name plus Robert shared the locker room with him. Not to mention that Barca dna that's been taken as a must and Koeman being Cruyff's direct disciple.

Maybe new generations don't realize that up until 2006 Koeman was synonyme for Barca's European success. That thing sticks with me and for older guys even more.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, he started everything in terms of European success against Sampdoria, but it seems to me Robert is going the safe route by appointing either Unzue or Valverde.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Yes, he started everything in terms of European success against Sampdoria, but it seems to me Robert is going the safe route by appointing either Unzue or Valverde.
    Robert has been giving contradictory hints tbh, He stated barca DNA is important then backed down and then later hinted at it again,probably after Sampaoli giving them more reasons to remove him from their list (losing to Atletico which make them closer to losing 3rd place just after losing in CL)
    I would take his words with grain of salts,the media linked us with ton of different players last season and we found ourselves with different players in summer.
    @Bojan is making a good case tbh,Koeman seems legit option with Valverde & Unzue. There is no safe option between the 3 candidates. Unzue has no real coaching experience,Valverde and Koeman both failed at biggest club they coached (Valencia) and both have done well in the rest of their coaching careers. The only safe thing with Unzue & Valverde over Koeman is that they are Spanish just as 3 of our last 4 coaches.
    Not that I favor him tbh, I don't like Koeman coaching at all. I have my doubts over his man managing an "All Star" locker room and don't like his style.
    And I still don't forget him turning us down in 2003 when he thought that we are just a mess and favored staying in Ajax,he missed has chances back then (luckily for us) and I think we should look somewhere else

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had problems with other players too.

Funny how he ended up being the only player who looked like he made an effort and scored the last goal of Koeman's reign at Everton.

Last edited by DonAK; 25th October 2017 at 11:01 PM.
    Just get a better midfield

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big props for Niasse for keeping his cool about it.

He may not be a world beater and stuff but the way Koeman treated him yikes. Niasse could have crumbled mentally but he didn't and he worked his ass off at Hull and whatever chance he got and never complained about his treatment to the media either.

It's ironic though Koeman tried everything to force the poor guy out but in the end Niasse won.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After hearing that, can't we hire Koeman as a personal trainer for let's say Arda?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galning View Post
    After hearing that, can't we hire Koeman as a personal trainer for let's say Arda?
    Somehow Koeman will end up getting fired while Arda ends up staying.