Barca to enter winter market?

• Yes , we need to strengthen our squad

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No, we are good

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Compared to Villa, Messi, Pedro, ... no one would look mobile cause they are in the 'as mobile as it gets'-category.

Klose isn't a Zlatan. For instance he is not that tall (he is smaller than Busquets for instance, Klose just jumps that high) and certainly more mobile and does his share of the work with germany as well. He is 32 so should come cheap from Bayern, one of the best headerers in the game, knows wherehe needs to be to score and a shitload of experience. Put that in the current team ... woooooooooooosh.

The only thing is indeed, would he get his Germany game on.

W

woobie

That's the problem with Klose -- he's never really had his Germany form when playing for club sides.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Don't exaggerate it that much. :p

It's a recent problem, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten into the national team. Maybe Van Gaal is the real cause!!

El Gato

Villarato!
I did watch the World Cup and agree, he is not a selfish striker, more of a team player. The trouble about him is keeping th form playing for a club, pace and stamina of which he doesn't have much whatsoever. You could add some other factors such as the language barrier to this case and you can clearly state that it wouldn't be a good idea to bring him to Barca.

Still think there are better options in the market.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't think speed or mobility are necessarily issues for a ruthless poacher like Klose...And considering that the lines/space that forwards play with at Barca, there is very little room to really get 'ahead' of the defense - even on long balls...With a majority of the possession and most defenses sitting back with 2 lines of defense, a forward for Barca has to time their runs well and not get whistled for offside...Klose is not unlike Villa in that regard, always working that line to beat the trap...He'll get whistled plenty but he also finds a way to the ball & net

I think it would be a massive mistake to assume he couldn't fit in, especially as a backup striker...Problem is, he appears to be resigned to making it to the Euro 2012 tourney in Poland/Ukraine which means he will likely need first team play with regularity...He wouldn't get that here

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Poll titles are hard to read lately ...

Llorente or Nilmar are not really good transfers for this winter, aren't they?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

yeah... Llorente proves what he offers for Spain NT would be quite useful for Barca as well. And NIlmar is real good. He's been all the time, even when he was misfiring for villarreal he was still beastly with Brazil. Now he's picked up even at the club level!!

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!

And Klose is a good one ? He won't be able to play in CL will he ? Also I have no clue how would learn Spanish/Catalan in 2 months to be a successful poacher for Barca in La Liga this season.

Last edited:

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Those who like Etoo will like Klose as well. High work rate, good finishing and is better at heading and less selfish. Etoo has a more powerful shot and is more confident though.

Edit: there he scored for germany ...

Edit2: i guess i should note that his contract is running out and he and Bayern werent in talks over an extension yet. He also stated that he could imagine transferring somewhere, but not within the bundesliga, and so he can play on european cup level.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Falcao, a mobile target man.

Why Llorente can't come in winter?

It something about La Liga rules not allowing transfers between teams or maybe they don't allow the player to be registered in the league for the team he joined. Something like that.

Basically, it would be useless to buy Llorente in winter, because he wouldn't be able to play in league.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Cause I believe they can't come because of that certain games played in La Liga for another club rule.

And Klose is a good one ? He won't be able to play in CL will he ? Also I have no clue how would learn Spanish/Catalan in 2 months to be a successful poacher for Barca in La Liga this season.
Champions League would indeed be a problem though he could be great in depth for La liga. Which would make our season starters less exhausted for those CL games. I also think it will be hard to find a Barcelona level rated striker with those qualities that is eligible to play in the CL.

Language issues, could be. Probably the same issue as with settling in Spanish football ... and if the above thing of that number of games is legit, then every player will have this issue.

Edit: wow, did I really take more than ten minutes to type the thing above? :icon_neutral:

Home of Barca Fans