Martin Montoya

Xavinho

So he is competing with Cancelo only..

Valencia has Gaya, Siqueira and two other players for the left back position, it's obvious he was bought to be a backup to Cancelo..
He's played at left back many times, as we've just seen if you'd been watching him at Betis or if you remember his time playing with Barca. He's a fullback capable of playing on both sides. So, as I said, it will be hard for him to get minutes competing with Cancelo and Gaya.

vukkapor

He's played at left back many times, as we've just seen if you'd been watching him at Betis or if you remember his time playing with Barca. He's a fullback capable of playing on both sides. So, as I said, it will be hard for him to get minutes competing with Cancelo and Gaya.

I get your point but I think he wasn't bought for the left back position because they already have 4 players for that position(Siqueira was loaned in recently for that position)..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
That's one of the beauties of Montoya's versatility, can play either fullback position. Still remember his lovely performance against Celtic

Xavinho

I get your point but I think he wasn't bought for the left back position because they already have 4 players for that position(Siqueira was loaned in recently for that position)..

Okay, I'm sorry, I don't really understand your point. He's a fullback who plays on either side (I think he was actually used as a LB more than a RB at Betis - at least that's what it seemed like from the Betis games I watched). To get minutes in the positions he plays he'll be competing against Cancelo and Gaya (and others of course). That will be hard.

vukkapor

Okay, I'm sorry, I don't really understand your point. He's a fullback who plays on either side (I think he was actually used as a LB more than a RB at Betis - at least that's what it seemed like from the Betis games I watched). To get minutes in the positions he plays he'll be competing against Cancelo and Gaya (and others of course). That will be hard.

We just didn't understand each other.. I just think that he will not be used as a LB, that's it..

xXKonan

There's a Valencia fan I follow on twitter has been shitting on Montoya for the entire season so far and going by today I don't blame him. :lol:

Joan

what an idiot :lol:

the first penalty is fine, he had to make it, but the second is just as stupid as it gets

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He probably did it to give us the middle finger and said "Payback time Barca!". He will turn on his beast mode when we play them in the next two Copa legs.

Home of Barca Fans