Martin Montoya

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Born: 14.4.1991.

Martin Montoya is FC Barcelona B standard right back and Spain U-19 international.

martinmontoyabarcelonab.jpg

Montoya had a decent match vs. Tenerife and appears to be Luis Enrique's safe choice on the right side of the defence. He played for Barcelona B in every match so far this season.

Jerry P

Actually Dalmau is playing in Juvenila A, more often on right forward but the most on the bench :p he plays worst than year ago :(

Trequartista

The good
Actually Dalmau is playing in Juvenila A, more often on right forward but the most on the bench :p he plays worst than year ago :(

No,he no longer plays as a right forward nowadays if I am not wrong,he played there last season but now he plays a s a rightback and I see him in the line up a lot so I dont think he sits a lot on bench but yeah it looks that he didnt develop in the way we all expected for him,he was the one who impressed me most at the wembley cup and it looked that he will beDani's long term replacement and anyway is it just me who think that those who shined at the wembley cup didnt develop that much
Rochina(warming the bench in the B team),Jonathan Dos Santos(Still have some potential but he showed more promise more than one year ago),Muniesa(injuries didnt help him but he didnt also develop that much,Barca's future LB though)Dalmau,etc,on the other hand another set of youngesters took the advantage(Thiago,Fontas,Romeu)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Here's what Martin Montoya had to say after his first team debut:

"If I have to tell the truth, I was more nervous on the bench than when he (Guardiola) said I was going to play," admitted Montoya.

"It's very easy to play in the best team in the world. I felt very comfortable."

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Guardiola always has this knack of giving the unexpected debut to youngsters... Montoya sure would have been nervous on the bench but after we were cruising I'm quite sure he didn't expect he would go on to the pitch. He probably thought Thiago would get the call like every one else did!! When he did get the call there wouldn't even be much time available for him to think about his grand occasion!!

Remember how it was Jeffren who was called on to play the CWC final(not debut but still quite a pressure situation because we were losing at that time) when every body probably expected Bojan to come? Pedro in the CL final, etc. Pep is GAWD WONLY!!

Koma

Great to see him getting his first game in Barca, I think that Pep saw his qualities early on, maybe we will see him more in the next season, we could surely use some young gun on that side of the pitch.

alex 10

Martin Montoya savoured the sweetness of his first team debut at the IberoStar Stadium [RCD Mallorca] and the right full-back has good memories of the five minutes he spent on the pitch.

It was very special. It was the best day of my life. Debuting in the Primera with the best team in the world is a dream come true for any canterano. Now I just have to keep on working to be able to repeat this experience again someday.

What went through your mind when Guardiola called for you after the 0-3?[/B]

At first I was nervous just by being on the bench for I knew that should Adriano was a tad touched he would tell me to go out at any time [in the match]. But then, once I was on, the nerves just went away, and the truth was, I felt relaxed.

What did Pep Guardiola say to you when he announced the change?

He said “Montoya, warm up for three minutes. You’re going out.” I was very nervous but at the same time felt a sense of great joy. It is a big deal debuting for a team the likes of Barca…

What words were uttered to you by your teammates when you jumped onto the pitch?

They were at ease. I had their trust just like when I was playing with everyone in the reserves. And those who were with me in defense; Pique, Abidal and Maxwell, they were very helpful.

And after the game?

Congratulated me on my debut, and told me that I did pretty well.

Any hazing?

No, none. I did not even have to carry the bags (smiling). They treated me so well.

Now it’s back to reality…

Yes, I realise my place is to be with the reserves. It is imperative that I keep on playing in as many good games as I can and do the best that I can.

You are already a sufficiently motivated [kind of a person] but this debut has to excite you even more…

Of course, debuting for the first team is sure to give you that extra motivation. When you return to train with the reserves you know you’ve made it and that at any time you can get another chance.

Last edited:
I

irilov

as i see it, this guy isn't hyped at all, and i like him very much. personally- i'd like to see him in the first team next season, i think he is ready, as dani's back up. kid is great- great attitude, tons of energy, big fighter, never lets his guard down, seeks for the ball, wants to play, very offensive...i really think he's got that "something" to succed...

Povikas

Brandon
Valencia are interested in Barcelona B right back defender Martin Montoya (19) and could be willing to pay his 3M buyout clause.

If Barcelona and Valencia find a deal on the transfer of Montoya, whose contract expires in 2012, Barcelona want to include a buyback option

via barcastuff

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Buyout option and, if possible, ineligible to pay vs. Barca please. Didn't like how Botia helped Sporting in taking 2 points away from us.
Would be a perfect move if Emery has genuine plans for the youngster.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If we really want to include a buy-out clause he better be sold to a mid-table lower order club like we did in the cases of Botia and Henrique...because at those clubs the player gets to play regularly while at Valencia youth will only be slowly eased into the first team like we ourselves do!!

Home of Barca Fans