Results 3,196 to 3,203 of 3203

Thread: Martín Montoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vukkapor View Post
    So he is competing with Cancelo only..

Valencia has Gaya, Siqueira and two other players for the left back position, it's obvious he was bought to be a backup to Cancelo..
    He's played at left back many times, as we've just seen if you'd been watching him at Betis or if you remember his time playing with Barca. He's a fullback capable of playing on both sides. So, as I said, it will be hard for him to get minutes competing with Cancelo and Gaya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavinho View Post
    He's played at left back many times, as we've just seen if you'd been watching him at Betis or if you remember his time playing with Barca. He's a fullback capable of playing on both sides. So, as I said, it will be hard for him to get minutes competing with Cancelo and Gaya.

I get your point but I think he wasn't bought for the left back position because they already have 4 players for that position(Siqueira was loaned in recently for that position)..

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's one of the beauties of Montoya's versatility, can play either fullback position. Still remember his lovely performance against Celtic
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vukkapor View Post
    I get your point but I think he wasn't bought for the left back position because they already have 4 players for that position(Siqueira was loaned in recently for that position)..
    Okay, I'm sorry, I don't really understand your point. He's a fullback who plays on either side (I think he was actually used as a LB more than a RB at Betis - at least that's what it seemed like from the Betis games I watched). To get minutes in the positions he plays he'll be competing against Cancelo and Gaya (and others of course). That will be hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    It's a bit hard to get money for a player you don't rate.
    Only for barça

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still prefer him to Vidal
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavinho View Post
    Okay, I'm sorry, I don't really understand your point. He's a fullback who plays on either side (I think he was actually used as a LB more than a RB at Betis - at least that's what it seemed like from the Betis games I watched). To get minutes in the positions he plays he'll be competing against Cancelo and Gaya (and others of course). That will be hard.
    We just didn't understand each other.. I just think that he will not be used as a LB, that's it..

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was good yesterday against us, he won many tackles against neymar yesterday