User Tag List

Page 214 of 215 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215 LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3224

Thread: Martín Montoya

  1. #3196
    Senior Member
    Xavinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vukkapor View Post
    So he is competing with Cancelo only..

    Valencia has Gaya, Siqueira and two other players for the left back position, it's obvious he was bought to be a backup to Cancelo..
    He's played at left back many times, as we've just seen if you'd been watching him at Betis or if you remember his time playing with Barca. He's a fullback capable of playing on both sides. So, as I said, it will be hard for him to get minutes competing with Cancelo and Gaya.

  2. #3197
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Budva/Novi Sad
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavinho View Post
    He's played at left back many times, as we've just seen if you'd been watching him at Betis or if you remember his time playing with Barca. He's a fullback capable of playing on both sides. So, as I said, it will be hard for him to get minutes competing with Cancelo and Gaya.

    I get your point but I think he wasn't bought for the left back position because they already have 4 players for that position(Siqueira was loaned in recently for that position)..

  3. #3198
    Mike the Knife
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    La Côte
    Posts
    8,923
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's one of the beauties of Montoya's versatility, can play either fullback position. Still remember his lovely performance against Celtic
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

  4. #3199
    Senior Member
    Xavinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vukkapor View Post
    I get your point but I think he wasn't bought for the left back position because they already have 4 players for that position(Siqueira was loaned in recently for that position)..
    Okay, I'm sorry, I don't really understand your point. He's a fullback who plays on either side (I think he was actually used as a LB more than a RB at Betis - at least that's what it seemed like from the Betis games I watched). To get minutes in the positions he plays he'll be competing against Cancelo and Gaya (and others of course). That will be hard.

  5. #3200
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    It's a bit hard to get money for a player you don't rate.
    Only for barça

  6. #3201
    Mike the Knife
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    La Côte
    Posts
    8,923
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still prefer him to Vidal
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

  7. #3202
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Budva/Novi Sad
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavinho View Post
    Okay, I'm sorry, I don't really understand your point. He's a fullback who plays on either side (I think he was actually used as a LB more than a RB at Betis - at least that's what it seemed like from the Betis games I watched). To get minutes in the positions he plays he'll be competing against Cancelo and Gaya (and others of course). That will be hard.
    We just didn't understand each other.. I just think that he will not be used as a LB, that's it..

  8. #3203
    New signing

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was good yesterday against us, he won many tackles against neymar yesterday

  9. #3204
    Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    454
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck you

  10. #3205
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    10,428
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a Valencia fan I follow on twitter has been shitting on Montoya for the entire season so far and going by today I don't blame him.

  11. #3206
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    580
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what an idiot

    the first penalty is fine, he had to make it, but the second is just as stupid as it gets

  12. #3207
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6,374
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    disasterclass.

    No team competing for top 4 should have Montoya in their starting XI,
    Puyol #5

  13. #3208
    Barçapocalypse NOW!
    evilhita666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was defending like a total moron today...
    Legends!
    #6 - #5

  14. #3209
    Danger Ahead
    Ghostmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,382
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coutinho against Montoya next week

  15. #3210
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    12,649
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He probably did it to give us the middle finger and said "Payback time Barca!". He will turn on his beast mode when we play them in the next two Copa legs.
    Sóc Culer.

Tags for this Thread