Martin Montoya

serghei

In all seriousness, Alves' season so far, except for a couple of mistakes and a poor performance in Paris (along with more than half a team), has been very good. 3 assists, 2 in the league (second, after Messi), pretty good workrate, some dangerous passes into the box, great linking up with Messi (probably the best connection except for the Neymar-Messi route so far).

All he needs to do is tone down the crosses, be a little more careful in defence, and he's up there with the best attacking RBs in the game. Still one of the few fullbacks who can deliver a final pass and can get into quick combinations with their teammates.

Zangash

Banned
^That's not how things stand right now IMO. Alves on a bad day still brings more to our attack than Montoya on a great day. Montoya is a limited player in offense, and since Lucho sees his fullbacks as attacking weapons first, it's no surprise he's the 3rd choice after Alves and Douglas.

Montoya is your typical fullback for a 6th to 10th place La Liga team.

How is he 3rd choice behind Douglas? Douglas is quite easily the worst player on the team, and brings absolutely nothing to the team in both attack and defense. Douglas in his entire career won't reach the level Montoya is at even right now when he's rotting on the bench.

Alarcón

Alves on a bad day still brings more to our attack than Montoya on a great day.

Yeah, what Alves gives you on a bad day is losing the ball or misplacing a pass every 30 seconds and putting in 20 useless crosses when there are obviously better options available, apart from his usual pathetic defending.

Montoya is a limited player in offense,

Alves too, just in another way.

and since Lucho sees his fullbacks as attacking weapons first, it's no surprise he's the 3rd choice after Alves and Douglas.

Douglas? Douglas played once for Barcelona and he did sweet nothing in attack. Can't understand how you deduct from 1 game that Douglas is better than Montoya in offense or that Lucho prefers him over the latter.

Montoya is your typical fullback for a 6th to 10th place La Liga team.

Lol no, he'd be a standout player for those teams. Look at Valencia's, Sevilla's, Athletic's or Villarreal's right backs and tell me how good they are. Even Juanfran was always considered average, he benefited from Atlético's rise now.

It's ok if you think Alves is better and I can see why one would think that way, but what you're showing is pure bias, nothing else.

I

instinct

Great game..

Glee_kurt-cry.gif

ScoobySquats

It's obvious Montoya doesn't take training seriously enough, other wise he would be playing much more than he is at the moment. He has the speed and technique to get forward more effectively coupled with his defensive ability. Wonder why he doesn't use it...
Could be the lack of regular playing time but then again that could be blamed on him

Egert

Estonian Culé
Inter Milan are monitoring the situation of right back Martin Montoya (23). They will soon sound out Barcelona about a move in January. [qs]

Hopefully we can let him go, but it looks impossible, Dani leaves next season and we will be left with Douglas. I want the best for Martin and Lucho doesn't seem to like him.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Inter Milan are monitoring the situation of right back Martin Montoya (23). They will soon sound out Barcelona about a move in January. [qs]

Hopefully we can let him go, but it looks impossible, Dani leaves next season and we will be left with Douglas. I want the best for Martin and Lucho doesn't seem to like him.
If its Godswill

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Can't hurt giving him a chance in the next few games. Unless he is being a lazy ass with an attitude in training.

Zangash

Banned
Can't hurt giving him a chance in the next few games. Unless he is being a lazy ass with an attitude in training.

Something tells me no matter how hard he's training he won't get a chance.

Unless someone wants to try and argue that Pique is a harder worker than Bartra.

khaled_a_d

Something tells me no matter how hard he's training he won't get a chance.

Unless someone wants to try and argue that Pique is a harder worker than Bartra.

Honestly I've never seen a thing suggests that Bartra is a hard worker or the opposite

khaled_a_d

And yes Montoya needs to play,with Mathieu performance at LB ,I think that Montoya isn't only or best back up RB but best back up LB too ,Adriano is too injury prone and Mathieu is below average and fits better at CB he is the only one there
so whether he is living up to his potential or not,whether he Barca quality or not he is the only sub we have to rest 2 starters and we have to live with that and try to get the best out of him

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
And yes Montoya needs to play,with Mathieu performance at LB ,I think that Montoya isn't only or best back up RB but best back up LB too ,Adriano is too injury prone and Mathieu is below average and fits better at CB he is the only one there
so whether he is living up to his potential or not,whether he Barca quality or not he is the only sub we have to rest 2 starters and we have to live with that and try to get the best out of him

Actually Mathieu is a great LB but he isn't a LB you can make a LW. You take a defensive minded LB and ask him to be Jordi Alba it doesn't work that way and that's why Mathieu looked clueless as he was asked to be a LWB not a LB. Plus Montoya needs to play above Alves end of enough of the supposed attitude shit beggars can't be choosy

Home of Barca Fans