Pepe

I mean, Rui Patricio was 12th :lol:. In all fairness, outside of top 8 or so, the difference between rankings is ridiculously small. 4 or 5 players received over 95% of all votes, something like that.

El Flaco

Pepe's goal vs. Atlético de Madrid

[gfy]WellinformedImpressionableDog[/gfy]

[gfy]OrganicAlertIbadanmalimbe[/gfy]

[gfy]CharmingCleverGuanaco[/gfy]

[tw]850765940711190530[/tw]

Real Madrid confirm Pepe fractured his 7th and 8th left ribs after a clash vs. Atletico from today.

Doubtful for being available for Bayern game next week.

Morten

With Pepe in the team, i had hopes, but without him we are going to get destroyed against Bayern. BBC isnt up to the task anymore, Bale cant stop being injuried, Benzema forgot how to play football and Ronaldo is getting old. Irony is that Ronaldo is our only somewhat reliable attacker, despite getting older.
We are left with a subpar attacking trio with low workrate, an excellent midfield, and a subpar defense. But Bayern matches our midfield, so i dont see this ending well.

Horatio

You're welcome
With Pepe in the team, i had hopes, but without him we are going to get destroyed against Bayern. BBC isnt up to the task anymore, Bale cant stop being injuried, Benzema forgot how to play football and Ronaldo is getting old. Irony is that Ronaldo is our only somewhat reliable attacker, despite getting older.
We are left with a subpar attacking trio with low workrate, an excellent midfield, and a subpar defense. But Bayern matches our midfield, so i dont see this ending well.

I think you are doing Benzema a disservice. His game is usually better in CL, and generally I find him to play better against strong opponents. Of BBC at the moment I think he is the most reliable.

El Flaco

Official: Pepe confirmed in an interview for COPE that he will leave Real Madrid in this summer.

I'll provide translation of his quotes later hopefully.

Messi983

Apparently he's going to PSG. They must really like Brazilian CBs. Yeah, I know he plays for Portugal but he was born in Brazil.

El Flaco

Some quotes I founded from Pepe's interview for COPE.

I have given everything for Madrid. They have been 10 years of a lot of pride. I gave my body and soul.

It’s clear that I won’t continue at Real Madrid. I took the decision in January, when things weren’t going well. I saw that the club’s treatment of me wasn’t ideal. The policy of the club is to not offer players over 33 2-year contracts. So they only offered me one. There are ways to negotiate, but that way wasn’t right.

The club did not defend me with the tax issue. They knew I was up to date and had no problem. That hurt me, as I always fulfilled my obligations, and they made me understand I was not valued.

I liked Benitez’s sincerity. I identified with him because he is a very direct and honest person. What Zidane has done with Madrid has been spectacular, but there are things I don’t understand, that I can’t explain. I don’t know why I disappeared from the team.

I didn't say goodbye to Zidane because Zidane and Real Madrid knew I was going before I did; Real Madrid's behaviour has not been correct.

I have nothing signed with another club I could have, but I waited as there were very important competitions to play. I am looking forward to playing for another club and giving everything. I have offers, not just PSG or Inter, also for example in England.

Morten

Shame, he could easily have stayed two more seasons. At least one more year of first year football in him, still a top cb.
Not really sure why he is surprised about not playing much after the injury, Varane stepped in an played well, and every game was basically a final towards the end.
Good luck to him, he will do well, wherever he goes.

Home of Barca Fans