John Obi Mikel

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Really disappointed in him. Thought he'd turn out to be an excellent player, but in truth he has become mediocre.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Really disappointed in him. Thought he'd turn out to be an excellent player, but in truth he has become mediocre.

it's not his fault.

he was an AM, but because he's strong and black he was converted to DM.

now, he does a fine job, but the magic is gone from his play. and Chelsea seem to think Essien makes a better DM, which isn't true.

I hope he makes something of himself. fucking Chelsea.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Neither he nor Essien are DM's. Both are horrible DM's. Essien was a beast at CM, now, to be perfectly frank, I think Essien is fucked. We'll never see his quality again.

As for Mikel. He had potential as a CM, but as he's being deployed as a DM, the natural abilities that he had as a CM are going fast.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
nah Mikel is a pretty good pivot, to be honest. he'd probably function better in a double pivot, though. his style of play is a lot like Carrick's, and they're both very underrated players.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah he was a star at the U20 World Cup a few years back as an AM, they really shouldn't have made him a DM... But I guess they couldn't exactly drop Lampard or Essien in favour of a 19 year old unproven Nigerian. He's a good player, and personally I'd keep him cause I think he can be handy for us in the future, but he's probably not going to be picked over Lampard/Essien/Ramires unfortunately. I say keep him another season, since from what I hear Essien may leave rather soon, maybe at the end of next but not at the end of this season.

Hate to say it but we've ruined what could have been a good career as an AM or even a CM for the lad. He'd probably have ended up a very good CM at a bare minimum at Man Utd if Fergie did right by him(which he's pretty good with the young'ns!).

Home of Barca Fans