Do u still support Barca if ur favourite player move to another club?

Do u still support Barca if ur favourite player move to another club?

• Yes, I will still a Barca fan

Votes: 53 91.4%
  • No, I will support my favourite player's new team

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
I'm now a Liverpool supporter after the English player who is better than Messi went there from my old team.

Ok, it's your choice... but be honest... that old team it was really your team? that kind of question doesn't make much sence in Barça case... our club it's different, and after all, we love our club... like I said, the players passed and the club remains...

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Ok, it's your hoice... but be honest... that old team it was really your team? that kind of question doesn't make much sence in Barça case... our club i sdifferent, and after all, we love our club... like I said, the players passed and the club remains...
LOL I was being sarcastic. Liverpool are my number 1 hate team, and I was fine with Joe Cole leaving the club anyway. :D

LaPulg4

'm supporter FC Barcelona and I can't imagine that I support another team. I can't watch match without Barca, it not enjoy me. My favourite player WAS Ronaldinho (especially 2003-2007), but now I less like him. Only Barca, even without Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi and Ronaldinho.(these players are my fav; everyone the same) ;)

gingerless

Don't like the word "glory hunter" everybody saw someone or some club doing good and decided they'd follow that certain club. If they decide to support another club when the current club is doing shit then fine, if barca stop playing good football I'd find some other club to watch too. Some people just take football way too seriously I've had people telling me not to support a certain club because I don't live in their region (rofl) But yeah to answer the question which I don't think is stupid at all... get over it people- I'd still watch barcelona as long as they are playing good football and I'd also follow my favourite players club.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Haha, yeah I was called a plastic football fan because I support Chelsea but I'm from Australia and I've never been to any of their games.

dalitis8

Banned
Don't like the word "glory hunter" everybody saw someone or some club doing good and decided they'd follow that certain club. If they decide to support another club when the current club is doing shit then fine, if barca stop playing good football I'd find some other club to watch too. Some people just take football way too seriously I've had people telling me not to support a certain club because I don't live in their region (rofl) But yeah to answer the question which I don't think is stupid at all... get over it people- I'd still watch barcelona as long as they are playing good football and I'd also follow my favourite players club.

That's what I have been telling people in here all along...let's say that Barca start playing like Millwall....sure as hell I will not be that passionate for them...but as things stand...I support Barca for all those reasons that make this club stylish and unique...

...and frankly...what makes Barca so damn irresistable...is the M.I.X.(ie,Messi,Iniesta and Xavi)

F

Flavia

But that's exactly what glory hunters are. You might not like it, but if you only follow a club based on how well they're performing at the moment, you are a glory hunter. Or maybe someone who likes to watch good football, but not a true supporter of one team.
The region thing is stupid, that can't define why you choose a team to truly support.

That's what I have been telling people in here all along...let's say that Barca start playing like Millwall....sure as hell I will not be that passionate for them...but as things stand...I support Barca for all those reasons that make this club stylish and unique...

...and frankly...what makes Barca so damn irresistable...is the M.I.X.(ie,Messi,Iniesta and Xavi)
I'm passionate whether they are playing great or bad. Why would you be less passionate if your team's going through a bad phase? That is part of football. Can't win it all, or all the time.

XaviMessiGirl

You can't be a Barca supporter (or a supporter of any club) if you have that philosophy. It's one thing if you admit you're only a fan of great football, or a fan of a certain player, and admit you're not going to stick around. That's fine, different people enjoy football in different ways, you can't expect everybody to be club-loyal. But don't pretend to be a fan for life when you're clearly not.

But regardless, it's not that big of a deal, people who obsess over who is and isn't a glory hunter are annoying too, it's just something I disagree with.

gingerless

But that's exactly what glory hunters are. You might not like it, but if you only follow a club based on how well they're performing at the moment, you are a glory hunter. Or maybe someone who likes to watch good football, but not a true supporter of one team.

I'm passionate whether they are playing great or bad. Why would you be less passionate if your team's going through a bad phase? That is part of football. Can't win it all, or all the time.

Well if that's the case then I think everyone that doesn't live in Barcelona or has connections with the region is a glory hunter... otherwise they're just obsessing over a club way too much. Barcelona is a club for me, to others it's more because they're more passionate about the club for whatever reason but to be honest, right now I follow Barcelona because (imo) they play the best football... soon as they stop that and start playing like every other team I think I'll probably stop watching after a while, I don't really care much about how many trophies they win as long as they're playing the same football.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Well if that's the case then I think everyone that doesn't live in Barcelona or has connections with the region is a glory hunter... otherwise they're just obsessing over a club way too much.

Not necessarily, a lot of people choose a club and stay with it for various reasons. When you choose to support a club you start to feel a connection to the club and what it stands for regardless of whether or not you have connections to the city the club is from. If you really liked a club why throw away years of support when they're going through a rough patch? Like for me in EPL football, I am a Liverpool fan and the club right now is quite frankly a joke, but I'm not going to up and leave and support Chelsea or United or City just because they are more successful at the moment, or because I'm not from Liverpool and feel I'm not obligated to stick around. Same with Barca in La Liga and when the inevitable time comes that they will no longer be successful. It's not "being too obsessed", it's called not being a flaky fan.

For people like you though who seem to be more of a fan of beautiful football than being club-loyal (and admit it), I don't think that the term glory hunter should be used toward you. Because like I said people enjoy football in different ways, it's only "bad" if they obsess and put on the image of being club-loyal but aren't. At least to me anyway.

Home of Barca Fans