John Terry

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Interestingly enough, there is no thread for Chelsea captain and partyboy John Terry.

John George Terry
Dob: 7 December 1980
Place of birth: London, England

In one of the epic encounters with FC Barcelona:

Chelseas-John-Terry-chall-001.jpg

There was a time I really hated him but he really marked the last decade as one of the best defenders in the world.

His latest goal:

Trequartista

The good
No Previous thread for John?maybe its hard to like him but he a superb defender,probably one of my favourite defenders

Barcafan 2304

A solid stopper but nothing skilful about him at all. That pic of him trying to swap shirts with Messi says it all for me.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
:lol:

He's a good defender but I don't think he's one of the 10 best of the last decade or anything. He was only at his peak for 2 or 3 years and has never been the same again.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he's good to have in certain situations, like defending a lead on the edge of his own box with the midfield 5-10 yards in front of him.

basically he's a blocker. in tight packed situations his aggression and commitment can make him world-class, especially when surrounded by sweeper type defenders who are great at reading second balls, but in the open field he can be made to look very silly.

Aasim

Bumbleman
:lol:

He's a good defender but I don't think he's one of the 10 best of the last decade or anything. He was only at his peak for 2 or 3 years and has never been the same again.

i disagree.

I think he was good for the early part of the decade and then peaked when Mourinho came.

I know he has hardly zero skill but he was a dominant force for 2 years and is top 10 of the decade. Carvalho will always be less rated than him but is a much better player.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He peaked in Mourinho's first 2 years and that's it. He's always been a pretty solid defender, even now, but like Meta said, he can be made to look like a muppet too often for somebody who is as highly rated as he is. How slow is he going to be in 2 years time when he's already a big lug? I'd be surprised if he's still going to be a first teamer and captain as long as some people think. I highly doubt he'll be able to prolong his career at Chelsea until his mid to late 30s, he'll be a massive liability.

Aasim

Bumbleman
Yeah i know he's got loads of flaws and skillful players can rip him if they have the space, but he is still top 10 of the decade for what he did when the team plays his style of play.

When in his comfort zone, he was/is good. Its just that he isn't that talented but makes up for it with his aggression and tackling.

Home of Barca Fans