David de Gea

El Flaco

[tw]1013463260706803713[/tw]

Including penalties, De Gea conceded 10 goals out of 11 shots he faced during WC.

Made only 1 save.

bodi16

I still think RM are going to buy him even given those circumstances. The price shouldn't be the craziest either.

Givenchy

I think the problem for DDG is lack of action. hes amazing at United and probably up there with Neuer as hes always having to bail them out but with Spain he has 2-3 shots to deal with and then 30mins of doing nothing. thats why Valdes is so underrated

bodi16

I think the problem for DDG is lack of action. hes amazing at United and probably up there with Neuer as hes always having to bail them out but with Spain he has 2-3 shots to deal with and then 30mins of doing nothing. thats why Valdes is so underrated

Valdes was good, but his brainfarts occurred more often than it should for him to be considered one of the best.

Givenchy

Valdes was good, but his brainfarts occurred more often than it should for him to be considered one of the best.

yeah Valdes isn't up there with the best, just imo he is underrated. so thankful we have MaTS, next season could be his

Yannik

Probably irrelevant what he does at United now, he has no chance to win The Golden Glove this year, Ter Stegen and Oblak will battle it out.

El Gato

Villarato!
I still think RM are going to buy him even given those circumstances. The price shouldn't be the craziest either.

Courtois said today his kids will be integral towards his decision, which is a big hint we'll go for him if Chelsea drop the price to a sensible margin.

xXKonan

The system he plays in at United vs Spain are so radically different. One is a more defensive system and even then he's expected to face shots outside the box or from corners more frequently. With Spain he could go for a good 30 mins without being called into action much due to Spain always seeing more of the ball.

Casillas with the national team at his peak despite not being good with the ball at his feet, he was always Alert and ready to deal with danger when needed. It's the same with Valdes at Barca as well. With De Gea I don't have any confidence in him and he seems a lot more limited than I realized.

Jallo

MAtS is levels over De Gea. It’s easy to look good when your goal is surrounded by 6 Defenders and face constant shots. It another story when you face 3 shots all game, mostly in one on ones. When every save is the difference between winning and losing. When you are required to be good on the ball and come up big after going a good 30 minutes without a shot on target. I honestly believe De Gea wouldn’t handle the pressure and scrutiny of being Barcelona’s number 1. MAtS handles all this like a breeze.

Home of Barca Fans