David de Gea

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Buffon isn't human.

yeah, alright, you win this round.

*shiftyeyes*

Man U doesn't have money.

see, this is incorrect.

I know they have mountains of debt, but that debt is 100% incurred by the glazers' borrowings to buy the club. and if you ignore all the debt it's probably still the best run club in the world.

they spent 25m this season, and if I had to guess they'll be able to spend around 25-30m next season too. and for that much I reckon atleti would give up de gea.

i know VDS is de geas idol?

is he?

he does play rather like him.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
yeah i read it somewhere the other day, i think "favourite keeper" were the exact words.

Even if Atletico do sell, Asenjo is no mug.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If the rumors were true... Signing him when his contract is relatively small and then keeping him at Atletico until we need him would be the best option. But I can't see our board sanctioning that huge amount needed to buy him when there are other pressing issues needed to be addressed before. Like increasing the depth in attack and defense for example.

Trequartista

The good
Valdes has still 4-5 years in his number one role,No Need at all,David himself would be the dumbest person on earth if he makes the move to Barca instead of Arsenal or Man Utd,I really like him but Pinto is also a great person on and off the pitch,we will not find a better number 2 than him so I say give pinto another contract until mino steps up,if Pep wants Pinto to leave then I would love to promote Mino

Warik

If Real and Man City have taught us anything it is that need does not come into it. You buy players so your domestic/continental rivals can't get them.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Reported in the Times that hes off to United for 15 million.

Times is usuably a reliable source.

Last edited:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Atletico Madrid keeper David De Gea knows he could follow in the footsteps of his hero Edwin van der Sar at United.

The 20-year-old knows United are watching him and has has left the door open to moving to Old Trafford in the summer.

"I know Sir Alex Ferguson already has viewed me," the Spaniard told Voetbal International. "My contract with Atletico runs until mid-2013.

"After this season we should look at what happens and who wants to talk can come and talk.

"At Atletico, I owe them everything and I would love to stay, but on the other hand Manchester United is a great club."

On his hero Edwin van der Sar, De Gea added: "Edwin's style appeals to me. I've tried to make it my own."

He's as good as gone.

Home of Barca Fans