David de Gea

Alik

I bet it must feel like shit to lose the GK who was supposed to be yours for the next decade after he has become World Class when you supported him through his difficult time at the beginning.

Man Utd should hold out a record fee. The most expensive GK in history is Buffon who went to Juventus from Parma for £33m(40m euros)

Looking back, for a keeper, for 2001, that is an absolutely crazy amount!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So Barcelona will win La liga, and then if/when we win the Copa del Rey do we not play the runner up in the league then, or do we play Atletico Bilbao again.

Athletic.

Looking back, for a keeper, for 2001, that is an absolutely crazy amount!

Yep. Totally worth it for Juve though. Not only has Buffon been class for them between the posts, but he also didn't leave them when they were relegated to Serie B after the calciopoli scandal.

Last edited:

oggydude

Damn, he's gone after reading those LVG quotes, such a shame but kind of knew the minute we signed him that he would do this if he ever got good, just never thought he would get so good that I would feel so gutted about losing him. I doubt we will get a good fee from him due to him being in his lat tear of his contract which is the real annoying thing. Leno, Cech or Lloris could replace him with Valdes but we would need to strengthen our defence considerably as he made some crucial saves this season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's not better than Keylor. Basically, Perez needs a Spaniard and recently developed a fetish for younger players so he's getting De Gea.

oggydude

If Real had DDG this season they'd be still in CL and probably even with a shout for La Liga, I cannot compare him to Neur or the Courtois of last season but this season Courtois/any PL keeper has had nothing on him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
In England, maybe. That's because they so avidly followed La Liga last season and saw Keylor play? Riiight. Or is it based on Costa Rica - England 0-0?

BenRobbins

In England, maybe. That's because they so avidly followed La Liga last season and saw Keylor play? Riiight. Or is it based on Costa Rica - England 0-0?

Just wait till next year if he moves to Real this summer. Then we will see why he is better than Navas. Far Better.

Home of Barca Fans