Pickpockets, thieves - myth or reality?

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
A definite reality.

Though it's never happened to me it has to my brother in law.

always always tie your wallet to your penis..... is what meta is trying to say

What if your penis isn't long enough to tie your wallet to? maybe you should check that out :p

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
then i guess your wouldnt be in barcelona to begin with would you.. youd be iin madrid

Lemmi

The Reckoner
we should form a wrestling stable, with yusuf.

it's a combination of luck and sensibility, really. I mean simple things such as not looking like a tourist (I've been stopped BY tourists and asked question as though a local, and locals don't treat me like a tourist) and not wandering up alleys with random guys to see a strip club. lol.

but yeah, being in a group helps, but also sensible things like keeping your wallet and phone in your front pockets rather than back, where you can always feel them and access isn't as easy for thieves, can help tremendously.

would be quite the stable, though my shit facial hair would let the side down.

me not looking like a tourist? excuse me? collection of shorts??

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
you'd be the pretty boy to draw the commercial audience, like fergie in the black eyed peas.

and yeah you do look like a (spectacular) tourist but you travel in a group. plus tbh the shorts exude such confidence pickpockets are probably too intimidated.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
La Rambla is the pickpocket capital of Europe. A crowded street filled at all times with tourists means pick pocket central. Madrid isn't as bad but when walking through crowded streets I still keep my hands in my pockets. Really it's about common sense more than anything else, the only place I was ever successfully pick pocketed was London but I've learned since then. Don't look like a tourist, stay alert, make sure you can feel your wallet at all times/walk through crowds with your hands in your pockets, be careful when talking to strangers.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
you'd be the pretty boy to draw the commercial audience, like fergie in the black eyed peas.

and yeah you do look like a (spectacular) tourist but you travel in a group. plus tbh the shorts exude such confidence pickpockets are probably too intimidated.

lol lemmi is the fergie and i am will iam and meta one of the other freaks :D

Barcafan 2304

Dont look like a tourist?

I have a casper tan and look as white North European as you can get. Think ill have to invest in some gravy browning

K

King_Puyol

i have heard it is even worse than liverpool for theives! still a great city though.

MinaFCB

these days i was whole day in the streets of bcn without any problem,but heard terrible stories so u should always take care about ur things

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Hahaha, this is one of the advantages of living here in Colombia... Any other country I go to seems like paradise, I'm so used to have all my senses in alert that walking down the street in some other country makes me feel like a paranoid bastard... I've never been to Europe, though...

In fact, I've seen thieves "working" in other countries and they look so amateur, obvious and inexperienced it's laughable, I can't believe people don't notice them...

Home of Barca Fans