Andre Schürrle

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What a load of nonsense.

Yes, they have lost Mkhitaryan, but they got Dembele, Götze and Schürrle on the other side + Mor seems very talented too. I personally would prefer Dembele alone to Miki. Götze has played much better than Miki too, then Tuchel came and made a world beater out of that previous joke of a player. Should be an easier job to get Götze functioning again. Schürrle is again a complete different player with strengths in pace and finishing and useful for special circumstances,

Aubameyang, Reus, Götze, Dembele, Schürrle, Mor, Pulisic

Thats just impressive and full of potential..very versatile bunch offering different qualities.

Then the midfield and replacing Gündogan. The same Gündogan who has been injured plenty of times and was not able to reach his pre-back-injury level again. I still rate him and he is class, but he hasnt shown it very often the last years. His successor was already bought last season with Castro and most people who follow Dortmund would agree, that he hasnt been worse than him..more the opposite. They added Rode, who has never disappointed at Bayern and who can be described as a Vidal light and Dortmund was missing a player like him in midfield. Cannot judge Merino, but he was playing good the last games relegation..maybe u guys can tell me more about him.

They bought a great LB with Guerreiro and with Schmelzet together that position is not a weakness anymore. Losing Hummels is a big blow and Bartra cannot replace him, but I m interested to see what he is capable of and think he could surprise some people. If they r getting their main target Toprak this year instead of triggering the 12m€ clause next summerm then they have done great in defense too.

In summary I would say Dortmund have done amazing business until now and they r not finished yet.

The hostility shown in the first sentence aside, very well said otherwise.

I am not 100% convinced about Castro yet, we shall see if he can fill Gundogan's shoes.

They do have a squad that is mouth-watering.

Nucky

They scout well and develop players like everyone knows, I was speaking more to making up for the losses they've suffered. You can't replace key elements like Gundogan, Henrikh & Hummels with a Schurrle. We'll see if Tuchel can resurrect his career and play but he's a very disappointing player - not good enough for Dortmund, IMO. They will do well simply because they have depth & a great program but they have taken a big step back. Won't even get started on Mario's cowardly return

They'll recover of course but not in the short term.

Well they've also signed Gotze back and some promising players.. If you have watched the game yesterday vs United you would see.. Of course they will need time, thats why I said perhaps not this season but Dortmund will be strong again..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well they've also signed Gotze back and some promising players.. If you have watched the game yesterday vs United you would see.. Of course they will need time, thats why I said perhaps not this season but Dortmund will be strong again..

Preseason is nothing to judge on, especially with Tuchel in a system his team already know well while Mou is setting up his bus with United & their new arrivals

Dembele is a promising forward but no one knows what he is going to ultimately bring to the team, in theory his upside is tremendous - everyone knows this. It's Dortmund's midfield that will be the biggest issue, the link between defending and scoring - you lose Henrikh & Gundogan and a ball playing defender like Hummels?

Mario's return is a major question mark, he's more Bojan than the promising talent years ago - moreover, he's returning to a club & fanbase he turned his back on. I'm not convinced it's going to be very easy, none of the returning players (Kagawa, Sahin et al) have recovered their previous form. The good is that him & Reus had a nice/natural link up so perhaps that has some chance to be rekindled but he's not the same player

Schurrle is a dreadfully disappointing player, I watched him at Wolfsburg and reminds me of the difference between a bonafide world class attacker & mediocre. He's mediocre and rarely rises to the occasion. Far from the profile of Reus or Henrikh for example

It's nonsense to suggest they've done anything but take a big step backwards

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans