Penalty takers

X

xaviniesta

Who are the 5 penalty takers in Barca when it comes to penalty shootout?

Fourteen

Monster Masch
We haven't really had a penalty shoot-out in a while unless i'm mistaken.

Messi is obviously our number one penalty taker. Villa i'd assume would be second. From there it's anyones guess. I'd say Pique would be in amongst the 5, as would Bojan if he was on the pitch. People like Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro could fill the other gaps. I'd be fairly confident if it came to any Barca player (apart from Abidal) to take a penalty.

X

xaviniesta

we had a penalty shootout during the Gamper trophy. messi, busi(missed), bojan and thiago. but when we have the best XI playing i guess messi, villa and dani are the three takers. i hope xavi too, i remember in 2002 world cup agains south korea he nailed his penalty right to the top corner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq2fIbeHgB0&feature=related ( 2.40 in the vid)

Last edited:

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
We haven't had a competitive penalty shoot out in about 10 years... Maybe this year is our year, so far as that goes.

I'd really prefer someone other than Messi to take them in normal matches tbh.

X

xaviniesta

anyway... when did we last had a competitive penalty shoot ( if not count the ac milan one recently )

G.J

V.H. 4 life
We haven't really had a penalty shoot-out in a while unless i'm mistaken.

Messi is obviously our number one penalty taker. Villa i'd assume would be second. From there it's anyones guess. I'd say Pique would be in amongst the 5, as would Bojan if he was on the pitch. People like Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro could fill the other gaps. I'd be fairly confident if it came to any Barca player (apart from Abidal) to take a penalty.
He scored one in a WC final!

T

tikitakitoes

I'd really prefer someone other than Messi to take them in normal matches tbh.
Me too. He relies too much on feints and that's been exposed since the penalty feinting rules were tightened.

PS Anyone know if anyone else here uses this avatar, or can I keep it?

Home of Barca Fans