Thread: They said what??...The Quotes thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourteen View Post
    That sounds too intellectual for Messi.
    That's mean
    Last edited by Alissa; 10th May 2011 at 12:51 PM.
    Do you feel in charge?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first i was gonna, but then i thought i'd leave u to the messi fanboys... get him people

Buccaneer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A reply to quote of Leo always should contain a even if it's the most stupid thing one can say.
    however if I didn't know whose words they were I would guess Xavi saying those looking like this:

oh btw if it's a leo quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by winda View Post
    "Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back".
    Lionel Messi.
    Last edited by Clockwise; 10th May 2011 at 02:01 PM.
    -Cave Johnson. we're done here.

Remember that one time that Christopher Nolan decided to make movies? That was the best day ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it was apparently Messi's quote from magazine interview last year. it was past around on twitter this past 2 days...

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool legend, Alan Hansen

Barcelona have taken football onto another level and possess one of the finest group of attacking players I have ever seen.

Very little surprises me but there were moments in the final when
    I saw things I've never seen before.

The inter-passing, Messi's ability to find space and their attacking brilliance left me wondering how on Earth you could stop it.

I say that without hesitation. For all of the dominance we enjoyed at Liverpool or the sustained excellence of Milan, neither of those teams encapsulated the style and sensational football that Barcelona are now producing to such a devastating effect.

Their football is so easy on the eye and, after the football cynics having had a field day for so long, Barcelona are such a good advert for the game because they are producing football that has taken the sport to another level.

Even if you are not interested in football, it would be impossible to watch Barcelona’s performance against Manchester United at Wembley and not marvel at just how good they are.
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marco Van Basten

“I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.”
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I know isn't it cool? My take on that is it's fucking awesome."
    - Chris Martin of Coldplay when asked about Barça's love for Viva La Vida.

Although perhaps what he was really thinking was cha-ching!

Monster Masch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving the quotes FCB, especially Van Bastens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    - Chris Martin of Coldplay when asked about Barça's love for Viva La Vida.

Although perhaps what he was really thinking was cha-ching!
    definitely the latter, he would have had more to say if otherwise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    Marco Van Basten

“I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.”

one of the best definition of our way to intend football

Exactly the opposite of the teams trained by mourino: tactics above class, physical above talent, schemes above fantasy, fury above brain, .... a boring way to intend soccer :zzz:
    “I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.” Marco Van Basten

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's comments like that from Van Basten, Hansen, Di Stefano, Cruyff, Gullit, Souness, etc...I mean, it does put it into perspective to hear from the legends of the game...They see it like the fans do, they are emotionally moved by it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "If we played like that every week, we wouldn't be so inconsistent" Bryan Robson