Tipping in Spain

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
@ironman. I thought the same but when I was in Barcelona the other week everywhere I went included a tip as part of the bill.

Bucky

Penya Member
Ah right so it's a compulsory service charge?

We'll be going to little café's for lunch and a local restaurant for dinner, but if they charge then fair enough but if not the tip will depend on how good the service is. Standard service then the usual tip but if they look after us then they get extra etc. My wife is really looking forward to going to Cafè de l'Opera where they serve churros & chocolate lol

When we go it will be Valentine's as well so planning on finding out a really good a la carte restaurant on the sea front if there is one, so will expect at least that one to have service charges.

Thanks for the heads up :beer2:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hate it when they do that.

Same although I do feel for a lot of the hospitality industry in a country where employment is a precious commodity that is not appropriately compensated for the cost of living...Of course, Mallorca is often frequented by the privileged of the UK/Germany/Russia so hard to complain I suppose

Kerrybai

I don't normally tip when abroad but the beer is so cheap in Barcelona and Spain that I almost feel I have to.

Home of Barca Fans