Rafinha Alcantara

FCBfan22

Well, if the articles and tweets I read are true, we are thinking of keeping Rafinha, because noone wants to pay 35 million, our price, and we won't accept anything less.

Stupid board. If someone comes with 25 million, we should sell in a heartbeat. Same with Gomes for 15 million.

Raketa10

As I have said, I don't believe that anyone will buy Gomes, Rafinha and Denis.
No sane club will offer more than 15M for Gomes, which we won't accept.
No sane club will offer more than 10M for Denis in 2018. Plus, none stronger club would need a player like him.
Rafinha, he could be sold to some midtable team for 15M. But those clubs don't have transfer money and wages for him.

If we'll sell either one of those 3 this summer for even a semidecent price, that will be a miracle.

** Not because the board "is stupid" as people like to say.
But because these players aren't good enough for top teams, yet smaller teams can't afford them, plus players want high wages similar to their Barca's wages.
So, it's not gonna happen, unless if we sell them for peanuts and THEN a small club can afford big wages.

For example, a small team can't pay:
15m fee for Rafinha and 4M wages (let's say). Those 4M means 4+4=8 after taxes.
So, a team needs to pay 15M to Barca and 8M yearly for Rafinha's wages.
That is 15+8+8+8+8=47M investment over 4 years.
That won't happen.

If Barca lowers a price to 5M, then a small team will be able to give high wages to Rafinha.
If Barca is asking for 15-20M transfer fee, then a small club could afford only 1-2M wages for Rafinha, which again a player won't accept.
That is:
-- small transfer fee & high wages:
5M+8+8+8+8=37M investment.
Or:
-- high transfer fee & small wages:
15+4+4+4+4=31M investment.

So, either Barca needs to sell a player way below his worth, or a player needs to take a huge drop in wages, which won't happen.

I agree with you but it's better to sell them below value than to pay their wages. They are also a burden to the club in other areas, it would be much better to have some young player on the bench than any of those three.

Who would you rather keep, Denis or Rafinha?

None of those two. They need to go together with Gomes and Vidal.

Well, if the articles and tweets I read are true, we are thinking of keeping Rafinha, because noone wants to pay 35 million, our price, and we won't accept anything less.

Stupid board. If someone comes with 25 million, we should sell in a heartbeat. Same with Gomes for 15 million.

35 is a joke, I would sell him for anything over 15!

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This is what happens when you don't take yourself seriously. We are being disrespected every transfer window with ridiculous loan deals. Other issue is being overly accomodating to players and letting them choose where they want to go or even letting some go free. Again, issue of not respecting ourselves enough.

BBZ8800

This is what happens when you don't take yourself seriously. We are being disrespected every transfer window with ridiculous loan deals. Other issue is being overly accomodating to players and letting them choose where they want to go or even letting some go free. Again, issue of not respecting ourselves enough.

Imo, it is not only about that.
It is about a demand for our players, which is not too high.
Or, it is high, but not under our conditions.

For example, when we had Song.
We didn't want him in a team.
Let's say that his wage was 5M, that means 5M for him and 5M taxes.
So, we needed to pay 10M yearly for his wages in total.

Now you have 3 scenarios:
1. we keep him in the team:
-- we will get 0M from a transfer fee
-- and we will pay 10M for his wages in total
2. if we sell him:
-- we will get 10M transfer fee
-- and we won't need to pay 10M for his wages
3. if we loan him:
-- we won't get any transfer fee
-- we won't need to pay 10M for his wages (we will pay 0 or a part of it)

So, our budget regarding Song:
1. staying in a team: we will lose 10M in the next season
2. being sold: we will earn 20M on him (10m transfer fee and 10M less to pay on wages)
3. being loaned: we won't need to pay 10M compared to when he is in a team

So:
1. 10M expenses
2. earned 20M compared to a season before
3. earned 10M compared to a season before

So, the worst case scenario is to keep a player whom we don't need and pay high wages.
Loan is a 2nd best option.
Sale is the best option.

So, yes, it would be the best to sell Rafinha, Gomes, Denis and other guys.
But as I have wrote in a previous post, there is imo no way that anyone will bid high for Rafinha, Gomes or Denis, as high as we want.

So, unless some crazy club comes for those 3, they will either:
1. stay and we will lose money on their wages
2. they will be loaned
3. they will be sold for peanuts

Rafinha for 35, Gomes for 30-40, Denis for 20, Mina for 30, Marlon for 15 are fabricated stories from our board/papers to try to raise the hype and find a buyer for these benchwarmers with high asking prices and high wages.

Rafinha will either go to Southampton/Betis for 15-ish M, or he will be loaned again.

tacticvarium

[tw]1020362108771487744[/tw]

Sick of this fucking injury-prone genes in Alcântara family.
We need to get rid of all the deadweights even for pennies.

God Serena

He and his brother are so unlucky with injuries. It's almost a curse that is hanging on them.

They aren't unlucky. They're weak. These injuries aren't just a bad omen cast over their family, happening at random the way people claim.

Dembele tearing a muscle and then injuring himself again shortly thereafter is bad luck. Rafinha and Thiago straining muscles every month, having constant knee issues, falling to pieces after one bad tackle, etc... these are often issues that could be resolved by boosting your testosterone and actually working your muscles. They're there to work, and they're there to protect you. But only if you help them help you... I mean, just look at how often Paulinho gets injured, lol.

If BBZ doesn't like this post I'm going to have a conniption.

Barcilliant

True. I hate Ronaldo but he keeps himself in tremendous shape. Hardly ever injured and still going at 33. Meanwhile these softies tear a hamstring if the wind blows.

ASordidGod

True. I hate Ronaldo but he keeps himself in tremendous shape. Hardly ever injured and still going at 33. Meanwhile these softies tear a hamstring if the wind blows.

But a lot of it's just genetics, surely? You really think that players who get injured all the time aren't doing everything to prevent it?

Andrew M

But a lot of it's just genetics, surely? You really think that players who get injured all the time aren't doing everything to prevent it?

Genetics has a huge role in this respect indeed.

I recall Michael Owen (who always had loads of injuries that ruined his career) saying how both his brother and father suffered the same injuries that he did.

Of course one can learn to understand their body and ameliorate the matter but genes are a big factor in our whole physical makeup.

BusiTheKing

Of course he's doing anything he can to prevent injuries and believing otherwise without concrete proof is seriously stupid. Sitting out is some of the most frustrating shit a footballer has to deal with. Doing ab crunches doesn't make Ronaldo less vulnerable to tearing a knee ligament.

Home of Barca Fans