Rafinha Alcantara

xXKonan

We would be robbing Inter if they somehow forked up the 35 million.

Nowhere near worth 35 Million. He's been great for Inter but realistically I would rate him around 20 Million or so for his current level and his injury history.

khaled_a_d

We would be robbing Inter if they somehow forked up the 35 million.

Nowhere near worth 35 Million. He's been great for Inter but realistically I would rate him around 20 Million or so for his current level and his injury history.

35M is ar price for him in current market, if we were buying him for his current level from Inter we would have paid 40-45M for him. But player prices varies significantly and there is no accurate measure for it.
And tbh it is time to see if the 35M is for real and if Inter will try to lower it down. That said every Inter an I know want him to stay

BBZ8800

I googled latest news about Rafinha because I just can't believe that anyone would pay 35M for him, and even worse, that Inter MUST buy him if they qualify for a Champions league.

Anyway, Italian news offer these lines:
After a productive stint with Inter in Serie A, Rafinha is now at a key turning point in his career and the player's father, Mazinho, has called for clarity.The Nerazzurri have a 35 million euro purchase option that could be taken up with parent club Barcelona, although it is far from clear whether they will do so or attempt to renegotiate the fee."It's up to Inter and Barcelona to find a solution," the Brazilian told Tuttosport. "That said, we would like to know what Inter have in mind as soon as possible. We hope they can find an agreement that allows Rafa to stay at Inter. "We will make it clear that we are happy in Milan and that we don't want to start from scratch."With 16 appearances under his belt since the January move, Rafinha has enjoyed a rare spot of stability in Italy having spent so much time on the sidelines with a serious knee injury."He is enjoying life at Inter and we hope to stay in Milan," said Mazinho."When we made the decision to leave Barcelona, we knew it could take a little time to adapt. He has worked well both on and off the pitch, and he has proven to be a special player with the quality to play for a team like Inter."

Inter Milan sporting director Piero Ausilio has revealed that the club is confident of signing Barcelona's Rafinha on a permanent basis this summer.
He said: "Cancelo and Rafinha have made an important contribution but we have to make economic evaluations.

"The Champions League will give us a hand, but it does not solve the problems of this budget : financial fair play requires us to make capital gains. It will not be easy because the other clubs (Valencia and Barcelona, ​​ed) do not offer discounts, but we are looking for solutions and are always confident ".

So, personally, I don't see that part how Inter is obligated to buy him for 35M if they reach a CL, as our papers reported.

Sorin

He's been decent for Inter. Not poor, not great.

He is slow as hell. Rakitic is probably faster than him. We don't need any more slowpokes in our team. Have to get rid of some of them as it is.

Should be glad if we get anything in the 20 million range for him.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Inter is in trouble with FFP, so even reaching CL doesnt guarantee that Inter will make the Rafinha deal permanent. Same goes for the Cancelo deal with Valencia. Fans are happy with both of them but Im not sure Inter could sign both players, unless one or both of Barca and Valencia offer discounts or reach an agreement with Inter for another loan deal for the next season.

Knowing Inter and the situation they are in regarding FFP I dont think they sign Rafinha for 35m.

blaugrana1987

Wasnt 35m aggreed if they finish in CL? Wtf is this now about new loan bs? Pay up!

Barto probably loaned him, didnt actually put clause about buying and probably paid for his wages.

cro-man

Wasnt 35m aggreed if they finish in CL? Wtf is this now about new loan bs? Pay up!

Barto probably loaned him, didnt actually put clause about buying and probably paid for his wages.

wasnt this with cl just a rumor? I remember inter denying it but i might be wrong...

Andrew M

On the plus side he has performed well enough that someone should be willing to pay 20 million for him. Italian clubs nowadays are very cheap and parsimonious, always trying to negotiate down purchase options.

God Serena

If Inter can't afford him I could easily see us loaning him to them again with a mandatory buy clause at the end of the season.

Home of Barca Fans