Rafinha Alcantara

Nothanks

I can see us doing one of those easily met clauses over time so they can avoid paying now but maybe next transfer season to meet FFP regulations

ebieymjunior

Then no one else wants to pay as much as Inter and left unable to sell him.

Folk think it is some revelation that Barca should just ask for more money.

They had an agreement, that's literally what it means. With this mentality, no wonder every club thinks they can walk all over us...

FC433

35m this summer or 50m split 25m this summer and the remaining next summer.

I understand that Rafinha likes Inter, but we must stop being nice and ask for as much as we could.

MTL_Barca

Just asking for more doesn't automatically get you more money, it often just gets you a player you can't get rid of. 35M would be fine, but i'd take 25-30 too. It's probably just a matter of time till he gets injured again sadly.

He did good at Inter so this is a good opportunity to sell, but the other clubs aren't dumb either and they know we don't need him and want to sell. The same problem we always have when we sell loaned players or subs. Of course we can just ask for 40-50M but nobody will pay that so what's the point? We don't try to keep other clubs away, we want the money.

Alternatively we can get him back and hope he stabilizes without injuries, wouldn't be completely against that but i don't think he wants to return and the injuries are too big of a problem.

ebieymjunior

35m this summer or 50m split 25m this summer and the remaining next summer.

I understand that Rafinha likes Inter, but we must stop being nice and ask for as much as we could.

Just asking for more doesn't automatically get you more money, it often just gets you a player you can't get rid of. 35M would be fine, but i'd take 25-30 too. It's probably just a matter of time till he gets injured again sadly.

He did good at Inter so this is a good opportunity to sell, but the other clubs aren't dumb either and they know we don't need him and want to sell. The same problem we always have when we sell loaned players or subs. Of course we can just ask for 40-50M but nobody will pay that so what's the point? We don't try to keep other clubs away, we want the money.

Alternatively we can get him back and hope he stabilizes without injuries, wouldn't be completely against that but i don't think he wants to return and the injuries are too big of a problem.

40M in 2 installments instead of 35M immediately would be nice though.

Sorin

It's not 35 immediatelly. It doesn't work like that. Almost every payment is in installments. Even the 35 million would pe paid in 4 to 5 installments which will cover the length of his contract. Us asking for more is not gonna magically make Inter buy him. I mean, really.

Messi983

If Inter can't/doesn't want to pay offer Rafinha to EPL clubs who have money. I don't care if he wants to stay in Inter. We are poor at selling because we always listen to players wishes when we could sell them to clubs who offer more. I agree with respecting players wishes when we're talking about legends like Iniesta or Mascherano and while Rafinha is La Masia kid and I wish him the best he doesn't deserve the same treatment. Barça should look for their best (economical) interest and if Inter is only prepared to pay 20M while EPL club would pay 30M (and probably also offer him higher wages) then we should convince him to join that club instead of accepting the lower offer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Inter can't/doesn't want to pay offer Rafinha to EPL clubs who have money. I don't care if he wants to stay in Inter. We are poor at selling because we always listen to players wishes when we could sell them to clubs who offer more. I agree with respecting players wishes when we're talking about legends like Iniesta or Mascherano and while Rafinha is La Masia kid and I wish him the best he doesn't deserve the same treatment. Barça should look for their best (economical) interest and if Inter is only prepared to pay 20M while EPL club would pay 30M (and probably also offer him higher wages) then we should convince him to join that club instead of accepting the lower offer.

Agree with this.

No money = No sale.

Inter want another loan and might be in an even bigger financial rut next year. What happens if they cannot afford him again? Cannot let this continue. If they went back on their word then bring him back and sell him elsewhere if possible.

Last edited:

xXKonan

According to Di Marzio, we told Inter we won't budge from the 35+3 bonuses. Inter wants Rafinha but for much cheaper but like I said it seems we won't lower our price.

Home of Barca Fans