Rafinha Alcantara

Andresito

Staff member
Celta Vigo are ready to pay the 16 million euros option they have on Rafinha, but the midfielder studies offers from abroad. His departure could be finalised before June 30th. [md]

16M is reasonable for him but I somehow doubt Celta will want to pay that. Best case would be 20M or so from another club.

Messi983

We'll probably get around 10m and add-ons. Can't really expect much more for an injury prone player with expiring contract in this market.

JamDav1982

If could stay fit... which will never happen... should have kept him as squad player and used is a lure for Thiago.

Most likely just end up with two injured Alcantranas though.

Game today and game away at Bernabeu as good as anything Barca midfielders have shown this season.

JerseyAddict

If could stay fit... which will never happen... should have kept him as squad player and used is a lure for Thiago.

Most likely just end up with two injured Alcantranas though.

Game today and game away at Bernabeu as good as anything Barca midfielders have shown this season.

Yes. He was a usefull squad player. Banged some nice goals
But he and Dembele could share "nursery" stories...

Messigician

He wasn't even tbat injury prone until that Radja tackle.

I always liked him, back when he had pace before injuries he would have been a fine Insists replacement.

In another life Prime Rafinha FDJ Thiago is a fine midfield.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

He wasn't even tbat injury prone into that Radja tackle.

I always liked him, back when he had pace before injuries he would have been a fine Insists replacement.

In another life Prime Rafinha FDJ Thiago is a fine midfield.

I think he was always a bit over rated and that injury makes people look back with rose tinted spectacles about what could have been.

Never a starter level player at Barca.

Decent squad option if fitness was reliable but even then I doubt he would want that.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I think he was always a bit over rated and that injury makes people look back with rose tinted spectacles about what could have been.

Never a starter level player at Barca.

Decent squad option if fitness was reliable but even then I doubt he would want that.

I'd argue that he'd fit well in the current setup. He's a midfield player with the tendency to drift to the RW. That helps occupy space in the area Messi vacates drifting deep

Porque

Feel like we have this discussion every time Rafinha goes out on loan. Then he comes back and get injured for 6 months.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He would be the only attack-minded midfielder. We don't need him, but we need need a player like him who is good at dribbling, attacking in the final third and delivering key passes.

khaled_a_d

Rafinha could have been a S.Roberto level of squad player /border line starter here. Which is very useful for us.
Injuries ruined his career, especially after that tackle against Roma

Home of Barca Fans