Rafinha Alcantara

BBZ8800

Where do you see him play? I think he doesn't have a position in our usual 4-3-3 setup. Might even be the best on the wing cutting inside.

A Cm in 433.
Cms Rakitic, Coutinho, Vidal, Arthur, Rafinha.

He will play more than Denis, Alena and Puig.

I am not sure if guys mentioning him at a Lb are trolling or what.

Joan

A Cm in 433.
Cms Rakitic, Coutinho, Vidal, Arthur, Rafinha.

He will play more than Denis, Alena and Puig.

I am not sure if guys mentioning him at a Lb are trolling or what.

I'm not sure that his best position. I'd prefer to see him up front, think he contributes there more.

Gotta be trolling, can't be serious.

Arizona Scott

...I am not sure if guys mentioning him at a Lb are trolling or what.

From me personally I am thinking how can Alba be spelled and rotated, and not from a Barca B player--someone who at least has been on the field with elite talent in some capacity. Maybe before the start of the season that will be sorted, but I was honestly thinking Barca needs someone there and Rafinha could use and extra job.

BBZ8800

From me personally I am thinking how can Alba be spelled and rotated, and not from a Barca B player--someone who at least has been on the field with elite talent in some capacity. Maybe before the start of the season that will be sorted, but I was honestly thinking Barca needs someone there and Rafinha could use and extra job.

Roberto was a midfielder who was good as a Cm and a Cdm.
He knew how to defend and cover.

For example, Roberto was closer to Rakitic, Arthur and Busquets in terms of defensive abilities.
Plus he was fast and has stamina.

Rafinha is questionable even as a cm because he is too attacking.
He is closer to Iniesta or Coutinho.

So:
1. He isn't a defensive midfielder
2. He is not fast
3. He doesn't have high stamina

Even though Gomes sucks as a footballer, he was way closer to a sub Lb/Rb than guys like Rafinha, when you sum it all.

About a Lb, if Miranda will suck, Vermaelen and Lenglet will play there, in Matthieu's style.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He is surplus to our needs right now. Think he would be better off leaving. Forget Denis, Rakitic Vidal and Busi will always be ahead of him. In attack Messi and Suarez won't be benched. Then there is Malcom and Dembele. Rafinha as good as he is, he is not needed here.

God Serena

He is surplus to our needs right now. Think he would be better off leaving. Forget Denis, Rakitic Vidal and Busi will always be ahead of him. In attack Messi and Suarez won't be benched. Then there is Malcom and Dembele. Rafinha as good as he is, he is not needed here.

There are plenty of minutes if Valverde rotates the midfield, which so far he seems to be doing to an extent. In the Supercup and in our game last night, we've had a pretty varied midfield.

Home of Barca Fans