Rafinha Alcantara

Sorin

28 million for Rafinha? Take the money and run! Rip off their hands too!

Yeah, never going to happen. They are cheap bastards.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's injury prone and his contract runs out in two years.

What are they smoking over there.

MessiTHEgoat

Great, hope he can prove himself against asspagnol tommorow, he's on the squad list so I guess he'll have some mins.

Last edited:

Messi983

I don't mind Barça playing hardball here. But the most important question is - have we convinced Inter to include a mandatory buy instead of buy option? I seriously doubt. If we did, then holding out for higher transfer fee makes sense. If it will only be a buy option we are wasting time because Inter will never use 30M+ option. In that case setting a more realistic buy option like 20M with possible add-ons would be better because there would be higher chances Inter would actually buy him if we just want to get rid of Rafinha and get at least something.

khaled_a_d

He's injury prone and his contract runs out in two years.

What are they smoking over there.

Two and half years, which is a lot of time, his contract doesn't affect his value in bad way by any mean

I don't mind Barça playing hardball here. But the most important question is - have we convinced Inter to include a mandatory buy instead of buy option? I seriously doubt. If we did, then holding out for higher transfer fee makes sense. If it will only be a buy option we are wasting time because Inter will never use 30M+ option. In that case setting a more realistic buy option like 20M with possible add-ons would be better because there would be higher chances Inter would actually buy him if we just want to get rid of Rafinha and get at least something.

I doubt Inter would have cared if it is 100M buy option because they know they won't pay
I think we want some sort of obligatory option, probably something withing performance based in which if he played certain number of games they are obliged to buy him

Chainsaw

Killahead
According to Ferran Martinez, we want 40 million for Rafinha.

Then the deal is off. Inter wont pay that much for him ever. Knowing Inter I think they even want it to be optional to make the deal permanent, not mandatory.

I dont think this deal will happen if Barca play hardball with Inter.

khaled_a_d

It does as another injury will have no team wanting him. He'll then run out his contract at the club most likely.

This will happen whether he has 6 months or 5 years contract.
Anyway, read somewhere that the deal will be loan with obligatory to buy if they finished top 4. Seem good deal

Home of Barca Fans