Rafinha Alcantara

xXKonan

His injuries ruined any potential he may have had here.

Every time he got a run of games bar the 14/15 season and at Celta/Inter, he always seemed to have gotten a pretty bad injury. It's time for him to go honestly and I hope he can somehow get his career back on track and avoid any more bad injuries.

Saladin

SMH.

They don't have money to buy Kubo, but they have the money to extend Rafinha.

This. Any idiot can tell what a gem of a player Kubo is, but nooooo. The fucking old fart Valverde prefers his crew, his homeboys, his peeps. This club is fucking depressing as fuck. He went to Madrid because a million euros a year for a talent of his kind is fucking nothing, regardless of what we usually pay La Masia players. Kubos salary should never have been compared with the likes of Oriol Busquets, but rather with Alena and Rafinha, since he is better than both of them. Disgusting club, with the fucking rat Bartomeu at the helms, zero awareness. Putting their foot down on petty small shit, whilst rewarding the senior players and deeming Valverde untouchable after two disastrous CL spells in a row.

Last edited:

Messi983

OJO! with Rafinha update:

[tw]1141327224207003655[/tw]

Negotiations with Valencia ongoing.

- he needs to lower his wages
- Valencia would pay 15M in 3-year installments
- clause of availability - if he's not available for 75% of the games they would pay 2M instead of 5M that season

So worst case (and probably the most likely) scenario we would get 6M. Not much but better than nothing with his injury history and expiring contract.

I think we should still negotiate a bit more.

- 24M (3x8M) total value - if he's healthy I think he would be totally worth that. Plus include a percentage of future sale (20-30%). In case he actually stays healthy for a full year or two I could see him being sold for 30M+.

- 12M (3x4M) if he won't be available in more than 50% of the games.

In ideal world we would exclude that availability clause but don't think Valencia would accept that and there aren't many other clubs willing to take a gamble on Rafinha so it's better to get what we can than wait until August and then send him on loan covering part of his wages until his contract expires next year.

Arizona Scott

Personally I'd rather keep Rafinha in the squad than sell him under those conditions. If he is healthy he has enough quality/mentality for the bench (Denis, Gomes, don't) and his wage isn't bad. Better chance to stay healthy with a bit role here. If he stays healthy for 6 month add another year to his contract, if he doesn't, let his contract run out. Selling him to Valencia where he might play more, and we receive less if he doesn't make play benchmarks because this play leads to injuries, just doesn't seem good from our point of view. We are underwriting a player who if he stays healthy becomes a huge bargain for them.

BBZ8800

People often whine how we are selling for too low prices.
This time it has backfired to us.

Last season we asked 35-40M from Inter and we didn't want to sell for less than that.
Now, we are forced to sell for 15M since nobody wants Rafinha.
And yet, if he gets injured, there is a chance that we will get only 6M.

So, when people say: 25M for Gomes is not enough.
Well, what if he gets injured?
What if he goes into a crying mode and stops playing football?
What if he turns into a horrible player again?

Take 25M and run...

CatalinR10

yes , we should accept every lowballing offer we get thrown in our way.

maybe we should sell suarez 5 mil euros since we don't know for now if he's going to get a career injury or not. We shouldn't risk it.

BBZ8800

yes , we should accept every lowballing offer we get thrown in our way.

maybe we should sell suarez 5 mil euros since we don't know for now if he's going to get a career injury or not. We shouldn't risk it.

If you want to sell Coutinho now...
And Chelsea offers 80m.
And we reject it since we want more.

If we keep him and sell next year for 90m:
We didn't actually earn more money since Cou's wages are something like 13 or 15m Net.

So, if we would sell him now for 80m, we would earn 80m from a transfer fee and we wouldn't have to spend 30m gross on his wages in the next season.

If we sell him for 90m next summer, you have to remove 30m (gross) for his wages.
So basically, 80m this summer is 20m higher income than 90m fee in the next summer.

So, you guys are looking mostly ONLY at final transfer fees as a proof whether we or Real made a good sale.
You need to add gross wages, bonuses, some addons from a transfer from Liverpool, Dortmund, Valencia, a probability whether a player will improve his form, whether he is injury prone.

So, yes, regarding Gomes, when you take everything into the account: take money and run.

CatalinR10

So, yes, regarding Gomes, when you take everything into the account: take money and run.

you are talking about rafinha and gomes in hindsight.

Last year or whenever , Inter offered 20 mil for Rafinha at the end of the loan ?. If that was the case , considering that he played really good for them , that ammount was really low , and i clearly can't be bothered now that we didn't accept. Anyways iirc , Inter proposed that we give him on loan and they will pay 35 mil 100% at the end of the loan. At the end of the loan they didn't keep their word and they gave him back to us.

Regarding Gomes , that ammount is pretty low aswell considering we are selling him to an EPL team.

I just hope in the future we just say NO a couple of times even if that means that we are stuck with a player. It's better that way in the bigger picture and we will get better deals because of that in the future.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Now even this deal might not happen.

If so, we are swapping Cillessen with Neto just to help Valencia balance their books (while ours gets balanced as well? ).

FC433

^
oh please no. I would rather sell CJ for 1m and promote Pena than swapping him with Neto. A bit early though, let us wait and see.

Home of Barca Fans