Page 1 of 215 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 3221

Thread: 12 - Rafinha Alcántara

  1. #1
    Cardenal de Catalunya
    Plip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,339

    12 - Rafinha Alcántara

    RAFA ALCANTARA - RAFINHA



    Born: 19 February 1993
    Nationality: Brazil/Spain
    Position: Midfielder
    Preferred foot: left

    Rafinha, like his brother Thiago, has spent last 4-5 years with the Barça cantera and is slowly developing into one of the promising midfielders. He has a fearsome shot and he likes to cut inside with his dribbling causing trouble to the opposition.

    Recently Rafa played for the Barça B team in a friendly against the "Selecão" gaining lots of praise from the likes of Lucas Leiva, Alexandre Pato and Carlos Eduardo.

    A one for the future as they say.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Barcafan 2304's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,326
    It would be great if he really is the business and we see him and his brother in the side one day

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    BlaugranaGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    312
    Looking forward to seeing this boy's development. Seems they have good footballing genes in the Alcantara family.

  4. #4
    Mike the Knife
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    La Côte
    Posts
    8,921
    Kid is 17 which means the poachers will be moving in ahead of his 18th birthday in February to pluck him away
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    cule19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    79
    I now feel too old to play football professionally.

  6. #6
    Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    372
    Is Rafa more of an Iniesta type or a Xavi type of fantasista?

  7. #7
    The good
    Trequartista's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by iookram View Post
    Is Rafa more of an Iniesta type or a Xavi type of fantasista?
    I guess Xavi

  8. #8
    Cardenal de Catalunya
    Plip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,339
    Netted two goals against Manlleu, in a 6 - 0 beating.
    "¡Ciutadans de Catalunya...ja la tornem a tenir aquí!"- Pep Guardiola

  9. #9
    The good
    Trequartista's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Plip View Post
    Netted two goals against Manlleu, in a 6 - 0 beating.
    4th goal this season,it looks that we will finally produce a goal scoring midifelder,yet to see him but I really want to see him,even if he is as good as many claim,its very hard for him to make it here

  10. #10
    New signing
    killerswitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mido View Post
    4th goal this season,it looks that we will finally produce a goal scoring midifelder,yet to see him but I really want to see him,even if he is as good as many claim,its very hard for him to make it here
    Except we don't need scoring midfielders since there are 3 strikers to do that job. We need more Xavis and Iniestas and if this kid can develope into one of those type of players then he's going to play, regardless of how many goals he can score.

  11. #11
    Fireman Sam
    silky_soccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by killerswitch View Post
    Except we don't need scoring midfielders since there are 3 strikers to do that job. We need more Xavis and Iniestas and if this kid can develope into one of those type of players then he's going to play, regardless of how many goals he can score.
    Goals from midfield are like golddust, every team needs them IMO.
    "Paul Scholes - The Boy With Red Hair and a Red Shirt" -

  12. #12
    Mikrofonkåt
    barcetia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by Mido View Post
    4th goal this season,it looks that we will finally produce a goal scoring midifelder,yet to see him but I really want to see him,even if he is as good as many claim,its very hard for him to make it here
    iniesta used to be a goalscoring midfielder. we'll see how his goalscoring will be in barca b and then we'll make an evaluation
    "Just because I don't watch La Liga, it doesn't mean I don't know who the players are."
    Someone questions whether Guillem Laporta is a good player.
    "I don't know him.... He'll be another crap player. "
    - VivaUnited


    Rayo

  13. #13
    The good
    Trequartista's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by barcetia View Post
    iniesta used to be a goalscoring midfielder. we'll see how his goalscoring will be in barca b and then we'll make an evaluation
    True,also Sergi Roberto scored sth like 16 goals in his last season with the Juvenil A and he is yet to score his first goal with the B team,dont know what happens to those kids

    Quote Originally Posted by killerswitch View Post
    Except we don't need scoring midfielders since there are 3 strikers to do that job. We need more Xavis and Iniestas and if this kid can develope into one of those type of players then he's going to play, regardless of how many goals he can score.
    its a;ways better to have some goals from midfield

  14. #14
    all your bases belong to us
    House of Flies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Mido View Post
    True,also Sergi Roberto scored sth like 16 goals in his last season with the Juvenil A and he is yet to score his first goal with the B team,dont know what happens to those kids



    its a;ways better to have some goals from midfield
    bigger pitches maybe?

  15. #15
    Cardenal de Catalunya
    Plip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,339
    "¡Ciutadans de Catalunya...ja la tornem a tenir aquí!"- Pep Guardiola

Tags for this Thread