Paul Scholes

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
He's a fantastic player, rolling back the years, i know his tackling isn't perfect but he can score some fantastic goals. It'll be a sad day when he leaves United.

he wont leave United, he'll retire as one of the best players ever to play for the club. 50 yard ball to Berbatov on Saturday, effortless.

Rohit

Even though his quality i hate this man, dirty dirty player intends to injure players with what he considers tackles(leg breakers). P.s screw man u too

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Awful tackler, see 2009 Champions League final, but the best passer in the Premiership.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Even though his quality i hate this man, dirty dirty player intends to injure players with what he considers tackles(leg breakers). P.s screw man u too

Utter bullshit, if he intended to injure players, explain to me how he has caused no serious injuries in his whole career?

hes a bad tackler, but thats just cause his tackling ability is shite, not because malicious.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he's not a bad tackler.

ffs he's a pro of, what, 15 years? he's perfected every aspect of the CM game and you think he's still bad at tackling?

he knows exactly what he's doing. all his "bad" tackles are done on purpose to rough up/intimidate (but not injure) the opponent. and this myth perpetuated that he's an honest guy who just can't tackle is GENIUS PR that's meant he's received nowhere near the amount of yellow cards he should have through his career.

Rohit

Thank you Metaphysical its the point i was trying to make i saw him do it gerrard today. He does it rough up opponents and give them something to think about while scholes does his magic

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
When will his form drop? I'd say late Oct to mid November. December latest, then he'll be poor for 6 out of 7 games for the rest of the season.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
When will his form drop? I'd say late Oct to mid November. December latest, then he'll be poor for 6 out of 7 games for the rest of the season.

nah that's not how he rolls.

his form will drop, and stay down for a while, but then he'll come on strong for the run-in (as he has done for over a decade).

united really need anderson or carrick to step up to help him out, though.

matth_22

matth_22
he's not a bad tackler.

ffs he's a pro of, what, 15 years? he's perfected every aspect of the CM game and you think he's still bad at tackling?

he knows exactly what he's doing. all his "bad" tackles are done on purpose to rough up/intimidate (but not injure) the opponent. and this myth perpetuated that he's an honest guy who just can't tackle is GENIUS PR that's meant he's received nowhere near the amount of yellow cards he should have through his career.

This.

Lint

tumblr_lm03i0tXzL1qg9gdvo1_500.png

from tumblr

Heavy rumours around today that he's retiring, an absolute legend of modern football.

"Paul Scholes. A role model," Xavi said. "For me... he's the best central midfielder of the last 15, 20 years.
"I've spoken to Xabi Alonso about him. He's spectacular, he has it all: the last pass, goals, he's strong, he doesn't lose the ball, vision."
Xavi also suggested that Scholes would have received more recognition if he had not been English.
"If he'd been Spanish he might have been rated more highly," he said. "Players love him."
“He’s almost untouchable in what he does. I never tire of watching him play. You rarely come across the complete footballer, but Scholes is as close to it as you can get.

“One of my regrets is that the opportunity to play alongside him never presented itself during my career.”

-Zidane

Home of Barca Fans