Paul Scholes

-Nas-

There's no point in talking about replacing him or Giggs, we'll have to eventually bring in or develop different types of player (like we did when was Keane was on his last legs and eventually left - even though it took a few years).

Hopefully Cleverley will get game time on loan at Wigan and Gibson can add more to his game. I think SAF took a look at Ozil (hence why he watched him at a pre season game) but probably got the indication that player preferred going to La Liga.

nebeer

Love is All
It was a little surprising that Man U were so inactive in the transfer market. Man U transfer policies have been a little weird lately. They bought Berbatov for 32 mil (so far I can remember that's the amount) pounds but could not spend 32 mil for a guy like Tevez who gave so much for United and as a player he simply is a class act.

Barcafan 2304

It was a little surprising that Man U were so inactive in the transfer market. Man U transfer policies have been a little weird lately. They bought Berbatov for 32 mil (so far I can remember that's the amount) pounds but could not spend 32 mil for a guy like Tevez who gave so much for United and as a player he simply is a class act.

Well, despite them being a monster club, their finances are not great. Maybe thats impacted on what they can do in buying players in

BlaugranaGirl

Scholes deserves his own thread. Classy player (on and off the pitch). I hope when Xavi reaches 35, he will be playing as well as Scholes is now, at that age.

If he hadn't scored that goal against us...maybe we would have won the CL in 07/08...Reijkard would have stayed in place,as would Goucho,Deco,Zambrotta(who "assisted" that fateful goal) and the E P I C Barca of 08/09 would never have come into being...:question:
Yep, it's strange how things work out. If we'd have reached the final that year and won, it would have papered over the cracks of a poor season and the big changes that needed to be made at club may not have happened.

nebeer

Love is All
Well, despite them being a monster club, their finances are not great. Maybe thats impacted on what they can do in buying players in

Yeah, on the other hand their neighbors have bought so many players that they would need 2 team buses.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
One of my all time favourite players. The best of that United youth generation for me, better than Giggs and Beckham.

nebeer

Love is All
One of my all time favourite players. The best of that United youth generation for me, better than Giggs and Beckham.

Yeah, pretty much. But Beckham though is the best free kick taker and crosser of the ball that I have seen I think. His crosses are like guided missiles.

matth_22

matth_22
He's a fantastic player, rolling back the years, i know his tackling isn't perfect but he can score some fantastic goals. It'll be a sad day when he leaves United.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans