Votes: 49 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 22.2%

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca's striking force and depth.
While the general opinion is that Barca are set in defense and midfield and also having a good cover in B team (Fontas, Muniesa, Bartra, JDS, Thiago), recently there has been talk that 5 forwards aren't enough and that we don't have attacking talent in B team (Rochina?): So it's: Messi, Jeffren, Villa, Bojan and Pedro.

Do we lack another wing forward or a tall striker? What if Messi/Villa get injured? Are Bojan and Pedro capable of carrying the team? Discuss.

desoe

I think yes and it'll come obvious if Messi and Villa suffer injuries during the season.

And basically I see Barca possessing 4, not 5 forwards on which we could depend at the moment. Unless Jeffren doesn't step up and don't do another Pedro, I'll be very worried for us if we end up in a situation when he'll has to be something more than a bench player. Rochina is a question mark and nobody here could have real arguments about is he able to make it or not.

Ibra's sale happened in a very bad moment - leaving our attack line thin as ice & without having enough time to back it up. Go to church and pray for Messi and Villa. Even if you're not religious.

p.s. we should not have forget Iniesta, though. He could give us another option upfront.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Probably, even without considering injuries. I think we'll pay for it eventually unless we're seriously lucky with everyone staying fit.

Even then it'll mean a lot of time out of position for San Andrés.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Nah we're set. we lacked in the midfield department but that sorted itself out.

3 positions, 6 players(including Iniesta)..

Trequartista

The good
No,just No,We are not thin is attack because we have depth in midfield,The superb form of Keita and the possible usage if Busquetes in the Xavi role means that Iniesta will play a lot in attack,I cant see Pep benching keita so that means that our first choice in attack will be Villa-Messi-Iniesta,Iniesta is not a winger but he doesnt play really as a winger,he plays in a more of a free role,he starts on the right wing but he always cuts in to act as a top of a diamond/free role,one may say that he is not a born goalscorer,thats true when he plays in attack he scores,he scored 2 goals at the WC in that role and if he plays there for a whole season,he will score 10-15 goals,that leaves us with Super Pedrito,Developing Bojan,I am sure that Pedro can replicate last season's form,this season is more like a make it or break it for Bojan so if he plays well then he will have a good time here in the future,if not then we will have to get another striker at the end of the season

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Villa, Messi, Bojan and Pedro can all play upfront on their own so I don't think we are light in terms of numbers but a lot will depend on Bojan.

dalitis8

Banned
Maybe we are...only time can tell...at this moment in time..I really can't tell...especially the Bojan and Pedro factor is a huge unknown...

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Well we still don't have proper cover for Xaviesta in midfield. Busi can kind of play that role to a degree, Keita adds nothing creatively, neither will Masch. So if Iniesta is pushed forward to cover injuries up front then we'll be light further back unless JDS or Thiago step up.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Yes, but as previously mentioned it depends a huge amount on Andres- in the same vain Thiago and JDS if they step into CM. Bojan's end to last season bought Pep's trust, he has until the Crimbo transfer window to show him that he can be that option consistently.

Barcafan 2304

I would have liked to have seen us bring in another forward after Ibra left, although there was not a great deal of time, but we still have options. However, fingers crossed we dont get injuries to Messi and Villa!

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Praying for Bojan not to crack under pressure with him bearing #9.

Look at my post in his thread.

No,just No,We are not thin is attack because we have depth in midfield,The superb form of Keita and the possible usage if Busquetes in the Xavi role means that Iniesta will play a lot in attack,I cant see Pep benching keita so that means that our first choice in attack will be Villa-Messi-Iniesta,Iniesta is not a winger but he doesnt play really as a winger,he plays in a more of a free role,he starts on the right wing but he always cuts in to act as a top of a diamond/free role,one may say that he is not a born goalscorer,thats true when he plays in attack he scores,he scored 2 goals at the WC in that role and if he plays there for a whole season,he will score 10-15 goals,that leaves us with Super Pedrito,Developing Bojan,I am sure that Pedro can replicate last season's form,this season is more like a make it or break it for Bojan so if he plays well then he will have a good time here in the future,if not then we will have to get another striker at the end of the season

Hes 20 years old ffs,

V

Valon

I don't think we're thin in attack. We have 6 players who can play there in Messi, Pedro, Villa, Bojan, Jeffren ( not great but decent backup I guess ) and Iniesta ( not a LW but can fill when needed )

Home of Barca Fans