best players you have seen play in a stadium

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Saw Dean Holdsworth play for Havant and Waterlooville was quite the spectacle.

Tried to make a team but it was too influenced by personal preferences, I will say that when I saw Kaka in early 2007 he was phenomenal, touch and awareness. Watching Messi, Dinho and Xavi at their best is an actual privelige to watch.

My team would definitely have Schmeichel in goal tho.

NickoH

You see, nobody ever goes in... and nobody ever co
Wouldn't know where to start.......

Caught the latter days of Kevin Keegan's at Liverpool when I was a pup and then along came the likes of Alan Hansen, Graeme Souness, Ray Kennedy, Ray Clememce, Ian Rush and the greatest of them all King Kenny Dalglish himself.

Since then it's been Fowler, Barnes, Gerrard, Carragher and now Reina and Torres.

World players are too many to mention but include:
Platini
Boniek
Messi
George Best (in a testimonial match)
Ronaldinho
Xavi
Ronaldo
Gullit
Del Piero
Nedved
Buffon
Eto'o
Iniesta
J. Zanetti
Raul
Casillas

etc, etc....

and most EPL (and pre-Premier League) players in the last 30 years you could mention

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Wouldn't know where to start.......

Caught the latter days of Kevin Keegan's at Liverpool when I was a pup and then along came the likes of Alan Hansen, Graeme Souness, Ray Kennedy, Ray Clememce, Ian Rush and the greatest of them all King Kenny Dalglish himself.

Since then it's been Fowler, Barnes, Gerrard, Carragher and now Reina and Torres.

World players are too many to mention but include:
Platini
Boniek
Messi
George Best (in a testimonial match)
Ronaldinho
Xavi
Ronaldo
Gullit
Del Piero
Nedved
Buffon
Eto'o
Iniesta
J. Zanetti
Raul
Casillas

etc, etc....

and most EPL (and pre-Premier League) players in the last 30 years you could mention
Wow, way better than my list...and my list is good.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Xavi
Iniesta
Eto'o
Henry

Fun story; I went with my father to the Red Bull-Barcelona pre-season game the year of the treble. My father doesn't know much about football as a typical American in his 50's. The player he was left the most impressed with? Hleb. :lol:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
you are all better than me but i still think watching ac milan in the season they won the champions league is not bad!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
yes i saw milan in the 2007 season. the first leg in parkhead finished 0-0, then in the san siro kaka scored in extra time for milan to go through. i went to the game in parkhead.

lol i remember gourcuff was playing that day

Last edited:
W

woobie

Oh dear, so you saw Gelatino's very embarrasing dive. Not one of the club's proudest moments (nor was dida's incident at Parkhead, come to think of it. maybe they just had too much Irn Bru before the game).

That WAS a good team, but I still think the 91 team was the best team I've seen live in person (personal preference, I prefer Capello's Milan to Sacchi's). It's part of the reason why I want to go to see Barcelona play -- they're the team that's come closest to that level of utter domination. Plus, well, if you read the men thread, you'll know that I think Pique is hot. :D

Home of Barca Fans