User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A group close to FC Barcelona want Villa to remove the Spanish flag from his boots

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down A group close to FC Barcelona want Villa to remove the Spanish flag from his boots

So I'm gonna loosely translate this from crap I've heard and read re this "issue"...

A group close to FC Barcelona want Villa to remove the Spanish flag from his boots

It seems a certain group headed by Johan Cruyff wants David Villa to remove the Spanish flag from his boots. Villa has the Asturian and Spanish flags on his boots, plus the names of his two daughters, Zaida and Olaya.

It's said that he will follow suit as he doesn't want any problems...
    the group also, as reported months ago, didn't appreciate his "torero" manner of celebrating during the World Cup (may I add: this was accorded with McDonald's, one of Villa's sponsors and has nothing to do with bullfighting)...

Now I'm gonna add my 2 cents:

1. If all this is true, it's another reason why I love Barcelona as a city, but will never live there or anywhere in Catalunya, in general.
    2. For the love of God, Villa is Spanish. If they don't want him wearing the flag on his boots, well maybe they shouldn't have bought him... and for that matter maybe all their players shouldn't play for Spain.
    3. Since they don't want other flags appearing anywhere on the players, why don't they ask Messi to take his Argentina flag off his boots as well? Last time I checked Argentina doesn't belong to Catalunya... bohhh???
    4. Why can't catalans, in general, STOP mixing politics with sports?! I've had enough of this crap, frankly...
    5. A Dutchman telling a Spaniard to take away his own flag from his boots... now I've really heard it all!

Again, if true I hope both Pep and Rosell tell the gilipollas, including Cruyff, to get their heads out of their asses and go run for government and leave futbol to others.

woobie
    WHere exactly did you hear/read this? Got a link by any chance?

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by woobie View Post
    WHere exactly did you hear/read this? Got a link by any chance?
    do a search on Google España...
    don't know if it's just invented, but if it's true it's disgusting, imo!

Love is All
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should not be interpreted wrongly here. Putting the Spanish flag on the boots is not disrespectful. For a footballer, his boots and legs are like his heart or most valuable things. He has also put the names of his 2 daughters on them. So whoever this group is, please leave him alone and it should not be made an issue.

Xavi es mi hombre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ability Xavi has in seeing the back of the defense, in meeting your need for support in long and short passes, for a striker is a luxury. Xavi deceives defenders, you see him with the ball and think: I see, it’s impossible. But Xavi sees you, always sees you and he knows perfectly where you want it, and puts it to you. With players like Xavi or Iniesta it’s impossible for a striker to not have chances. - David Villa. Also: What's going to happen if I meet Xavi.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nebeer View Post
    It should not be interpreted wrongly here. Putting the Spanish flag on the boots is not disrespectful. For a footballer, his boots and legs are like his heart or most valuable things. He has also put the names of his 2 daughters on them. So whoever this group is, please leave him alone and it should not be made an issue.
    exactly!
    and I hope to God David sticks to his guns.

barça amor d mi alma
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read this on el confidential.

BARCA is a symbol for people from Catalunya who want Catalunya to be independent . It has always been like this , We can`t walk alone. We will always have to walk with the History.History teaches , Spain`s politics has always been mixed up with sports .

And Villa would have to remove it. That`s it.

woobie
    how reliable is El Confidencial? Or is it a Spanish equivalent to the Sun?

Fireman Sam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Paul Scholes - The Boy With Red Hair and a Red Shirt" -

Xavi es mi hombre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by woobie View Post
    how reliable is El Confidencial? Or is it a Spanish equivalent to the Sun?
    Certainly not equivalent to The Sun, that's EMD and Sports and Marca

But I don't read Spanish and/or Catalan media regularly so I don't really know about this one.
    The ability Xavi has in seeing the back of the defense, in meeting your need for support in long and short passes, for a striker is a luxury. Xavi deceives defenders, you see him with the ball and think: I see, it’s impossible. But Xavi sees you, always sees you and he knows perfectly where you want it, and puts it to you. With players like Xavi or Iniesta it’s impossible for a striker to not have chances. - David Villa. Also: What's going to happen if I meet Xavi.

Tito > Mou
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's really disgusting!

Visca el filòsof!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is pure BS to be honest, designed by a petty Spanish nationalist publication to keep the anti-Catalanistas frothing at the mouth. I think you need to be pretty gullible to be sucked in by this kind of gutter press fiction.

I do like the suggestion that all our players stop playing for Spain though and the other national sides, that would solve a lot of problems for us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta
    Barça make Ballon d'Or winners, others have to buy them
    VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE UK'S BEST OFFICIAL SUPPORTERS' CLUB
    www.penyaunionblaugrana.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think its true at all.
    Barça - El mejor campeón de la historia

LA GLÒRIA ÉS LA NOSTRA

High Definition Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why do they want his daughters names removed?

Visca el filòsof!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzah View Post
    why do they want his daughters names removed?
    Because Catalans hate children
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta
    Barça make Ballon d'Or winners, others have to buy them
    VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE UK'S BEST OFFICIAL SUPPORTERS' CLUB
    www.penyaunionblaugrana.co.uk