Business & sporting aspects

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Lately I was wondering why isn't our club friends with clubs from abroad!? Like 'Real' are with Getafe(not abroad though)... more like a feeder club where we actually make them pactise our own philosphy!! Probably one such step forward in this regard is loaning Crosas to Celtic(although it didn't actually result in the player heading back!!) But I was wondering why not have a serious feeder club

When I say 'friends from abroad' I actually meant more than what it means literally. We have certain number of players who are not yet ready for our first team but are well ahead of other youth players, when it comes to quality required to make it in the second division, like say for example Thiago, Fontas, etc. I really doubt them staying with our 'B' or playing with the main squad 'now & then' would help them mature as much as it would playing with some other club offering them a full-fledged professional level expreience. Yeah we do send players on loan to fellow Spanish clubs but not many have returned from such a spell!! (I mention here, at least find a feeder club in your own country!!)

Also I've been thinking, for example if we are friends with one of Russian clubs, they can offer us a lot of financial leverage. Although Russian clubs are like 'alienly' rich compared to the other football clubs in Europe, it's not just about the financial aspect here!! When our youth get to exprience different cultures their growth is more-dimensional when compared to the usual 'gain-experience-in-your-own-country'! For example, Pique has gained a lot by playing for different English clubs! Also we have Jeffren, who is definitely desperate for some serious first team football, we obviously can't offer him that!! I do agree we could as well send him to some local club but don't you guys think that sending him to some country where the physical aspects are equally important as are the technical skills would benefit him more!? We've loaned/sold Botia to Sporting, but can't he learn a lot more if he were playing for a club like Stoke City for example!? I mean he already does know the philosphy of Spain & Catalunya, why not get him experienced to other philosophies as well!?

So tell me your opinions about having some kind of partnership with one of Russian mid-table clubs?

Edit : Some body please edit the title to busniess & sporting aspects please

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

There was talk of something happening with Celtic when Crosas went wasnt there? Barca probably then watched some videos of SPL football (aka, the cloggers league) and thought it would be better not to send any youngster there, even as a punishment!

nebeer

Love is All
What you are saying can be helpful for our youngsters. We can loan our players though can't we?

Home of Barca Fans