Raul

impeh

Hi, its me..
Raúl has confirmed that he will leave the Bundesliga club Schalke when his contract expires at the end of the season. The former Spain striker will explain his decision and his future plans in a press conference on Thursday.

"I have made a decision about my future, and will not stay at Schalke. It has been a really tough decision. I'd like to thank the club, the president and the manager for their patience. This decision is the right one for me," said Raúl. "My future doesn't lie in Europe. I will get together with my agent to discuss the offers we have received. I will then announce where I will go. It will be a less competitive league."

:(

Last edited:
M

mitkoa7x

Shalke will retire the #7 but I dont know the reason.

Should Barca retire #10 when Leo hangs his boots?

M

mitkoa7x

I dont know if they are retiring the number in his honor or not.

catalan force

Shalke retiring the number is stupid... Even Real didn't do it!!
I think the rules in spain doesn't allow this to happen. The first team can be of 25 players and all 1-25 numbers must be occupied. Though we always have a much shorter squad so may be we can retire some though i personally don't think that is a good idea. Schalke is doing it for don't know how much time but it is not permanent. Don't have any idea why they are doing that.. he had a great impact but still he was there for just 2 years ffs...

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Ye its fairly silly. They act like Raul were one of their most legendary players, while actually he was there for 2 yrs in his late days, playing good but no more.

20Campeon04

Ye its fairly silly. They act like Raul were one of their most legendary players, while actually he was there for 2 yrs in his late days, playing good but no more.

Haha no, that's not silly. Raúl was the greatest player Schalke ever had! He's a fantastic player, but a more fantastic person with character, but you can't describe him with words! Moreover he cried at the ceremony that means that he was really connected to Schalke. His sons also wanted him to stay. As a Madridista I would chose Raúl over Cristiano all the time!

Viva Raúl!

alex88bg

Raul is saying goodbye to football and he will not be playing vs Real Madrid...It is a sad day for Los Blancos how they treated one of the best players in the history of the club.I can imagine how he feels right now .The last game will be vs Schalke.Can u imagine Xavi ,Andres ,Puyi,Viktor ,Messi to leave the football before the final goodbye in Camp Nou ?

Beast

The Observer
Raul is saying goodbye to football and he will not be playing vs Real Madrid...It is a sad day for Los Blancos how they treated one of the best players in the history of the club.I can imagine how he feels right now .The last game will be vs Schalke.Can u imagine Xavi ,Andres ,Puyi,Viktor ,Messi to leave the football before the final goodbye in Camp Nou ?
Agree i wish he finished his career like the legendary Pep

Oh wait that's not the DoradosForum.com board.. sorry wrong Forum

Tezemery

They seem to be doing the same thing with Cassilas now.

coco1247

Banned
He was pure class today. So much love and respect for him at the Bernabeu. It's a shame they couldn't contain themselves from booing other players...

Home of Barca Fans