barSELOna

cruyffretrat.jpg

- Seasons at the club: 1973-78
- Games played: 227
- Goals: 83
- Trophies:
1 League (1973/74)
1 King’s Cup (1977/78)

Cruyff (Amsterdam, Holland, 1947) is one of the best players in the world of all time and in his time, he was considered number 1.

His immense quality saw him win worldwide recognition and he won the Golden ball award three times (1971, 1973 and 1974).

‘The flack’ signed for FC Barcelona in August 1973 following lengthy negotiations with his former club Ajax. In his first season, Cruyff exploded onto the scene; using his technical brilliance and intelligence to help Barça win the league in 1973-74 – the first time in 14 years.

cruyff_movIn the eyes of the fans, they will always remember many images of the goal he scored against Athletico Madrid in Camp Nou and the famous 0-5 victory over Madrid in the Bernabeu in 1974, which will go down in history. Unfortunately his level dropped in the following seasons and Barça only won the King’s cup in 1977-78. Cruyff left the club in 1978.

In 1988, he returned to the club as coach and put into motion the best era in the history of the club: winning 4 league titles among other and winning the European cup for the first time at Wembley in 1992 with the ‘Dream Team’. Cruyff then left the club in 1996.

In 1999 he was chosen as best player of the century in Europe and in September 2006 he was awarded the cross of Saint Jordi from the Government of Catalonia.

(fcbarcelona.com)

barSELOna

i just wanna say that i adore him..he is still great ..i read his all of comments

and laporta ...he has supported laporta so laporta is president and he has supoorted laporta agan in vote of confidence so he is still president

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thats true. Cruyff is a big support for Laporta. Watching some of his moves while he was a player makes you wonder who of todays superstars could emulate him.

barSELOna

laporta is lawyer of him...

i'd like to see him while he is playing but i couldnt see but i saw his coaching he is the best

the players'd make training on the concrete ground for sense of balance

cruyff says that:

if u r a striker u should play in the defence in tranning cuzz u should understand defence players

i have a lot of info about him ..

[youtube:2y2hui0t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTirME9CyQo[/youtube:2y2hui0t]

and great goal...the goal keeper is miguel reina..

[youtube:2y2hui0t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfvf91EHToo[/youtube:2y2hui0t]

Evil

Shabazz
Yup, he has a say in most of the important decesions. The latest being naming Guardiola as coach. Basically, Cruyff is Laporta´s unofficial advisor ..

Barca_Ray_USA

Yeah, I know, it`s just I haven`t heard anything about him since he criticized Messi. Maybe he got instructed by management to keep his mouth shut for a while :lol:

Evil

Shabazz
After he critisized Messi everyone was saying Cruyff is jealous and stuff. All he said was that Messi should play closer to the box so that if he does get fouled it could be a dangerous free kick or a penalty, but getting beaten up in the middle of the field is no good.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If he was criticizing Messi`s positioning then he was actually pointing finger at Pep as I doubt Messi has such a free role to decide where he`ll stand on the pitch by himself. So that makes it even worse.

S

Snyde

Anybody know which movies/videos I can watch about him? I have one italian documentary on him and many videos but I'd like to see much much more of him like "At any given moment" etc. anyone know where I can get these?

barSELOna

Ok mate i will help him :)
Snyde what about ? About footballer Cruyff or coach Cruyff ? By the way ill back my city soon

Home of Barca Fans