Johan Cruyff

Morten

I don't think that's what he's saying, but simply stating the fact that life is different for a lot of players now and they need a coach to guide them to new heights. In that, Cruijff is right. As he always is. :wub:

See, this is why i dont get, why so many adore this guy. Sure, he was a great player and all, but all he has ever done this recent years is bitching bitching bitching. Dont you ever get tired of his narcissism, always mocking when he can(be it a club, board, person etc)etc.
I honestly cant stand this guy.

F

Flavia

See, this is why i dont get, why so many adore this guy. Sure, he was a great player and all, but all he has ever done this recent years is bitching bitching bitching. Dont you ever get tired of his narcissism, always mocking when he can(be it a club, board, person etc)etc.
I honestly cant stand this guy.

You're ignoring he is not just "a great player and all". He was of the utmost importance to Fc Barcelona, as a player, and more importantly, as a coach. All the success Barça achieved in recent years started with his tenure as coach, and the heavy influence he had over Pep.

He is very opiniated and I doubt anyone agrees with him all the time, but most of the time he at least has a good point.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cruyff "bitches" because that's his job (comments football for newspaper) ever since he was sacked. He held a job briefly with Ajax but quarreled there too.
Imo. Cruyff the person doesn't do any favors to Cruyff the football legend. That's the short version of it anyway.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Johan Cruyff has hit out at Sandro Rosell's board and FC Barcelona's current regime.
"It's sad to see Barça in this state. They were football's crown jewels with Unicef, but we've lost a lot of prestige around the world", said the Dutchman, who went on to say: "I was smart to give back my club badge so I'm not sullied by everything that is going on now".
Cruyff also commented on Real Madrid's outstanding run of form, after 'Los Blancos' overtook Barcelona both in terms of performances and results. "Madrid have learnt from Barcelona's playing style, although they also lost 4-2 away to Real Sociedad".
The former Barça boss leapt to Luis Enrique's defence. "He has one thing going for him: I signed him, although I never got to coach him because they got rid of me", he said. In Cruyff's opinion, Barcelona has been losing its patience over recent seasons. "Barça had two coaches in nine years. Now they've had three in three years".

LaPulga

Why I think it is very important to have Cruyff involved in the club, is because he is a guy who is not afraid to tell something people don't want to hear... If you look over time at Barça successes, most of the time Cruyff was involved. As player, as coach our first CL, and as friend of Pep for our 3 other CLs.

We need someone like him. We don't need Zubi's & Rossels, who are always saying we are one of the best clubs, no there's not much difference between us and Madrid, yes Messi is ok 'como siempre'.

Cruyff tells the truth nobody wants to hear. And yes, maybe at times he tells bullshit, but who doesn't.

Andrew M

I remember we lost to Numancia 1-0 in Pep's first league game in 2008-09 and people were pissed, but Cruyff said it was the best we had played in ages.

He knows his shit.

Home of Barca Fans