Johan Cruyff

khaled_a_d

[tw]706821771782033408[/tw]

Sadly, that mentality is back.

What is sad that even the fans believes that,many keep hoping about the B team reaching Segunda again or caring about results their even with most B teams struggling to develop youth in that level whether it is Barca or different teams

F

FlaFCB

What is sad that even the fans believes that,many keep hoping about the B team reaching Segunda again or caring about results their even with most B teams struggling to develop youth in that level whether it is Barca or different teams

I don't really care about the B team reaching segunda again. Would much rather they'd be developing players. That's not the primary objective for a good while, it's not something they're hiding. The profile of players changed, lots of physical players signed, from outside. Just check the squad. It's completely different from what it once was.

khaled_a_d

I don't really care about the B team reaching segunda again. Would much rather they'd be developing players. That's not the primary objective for a good while, it's not something they're hiding. The profile of players changed, lots of physical players signed, from outside. Just check the squad. It's completely different from what it once was.

I should have added "many" or "most"
And yeah,agree with your point,I think B team has kind of changed after Lucho moving to Roma,coaches are under more pressure to deliver results and the B team is being a brand by itself. The vision has been lost

BBZ8800

But to some extent, football is evolving.
Players need to be much stronger and faster than 20 years ago when Pep played.
Players need to be much stronger even than 10 years ago when we had Xavi, Inesta, Deco.

To some extent, imo, it was easier to be "Barca" in 90s than today.
Back then you could have survived easier than today with physically weaker players with insane technique and IQ.

For example, in a CL, we never lose to a team who is technically superior to us. We can't be outplayed in that area.
We always lose to thugs, more or less.

Mourinho's Inter.
Simeone's AM.
Simeone's AM.
Bayern.
Even Psg this year.

To some extent, I can understand our youth coaches also.
In the past you could have survived (as Barca's midfielder) with physical skills 30/100 and technical skills 99/100.
In the current football, technique 99 doesn't mean too much if you don't have physique at least 50-60/100 (just an example, that's not a fact).

So, unless you are Xavi and by far the best midfielder, in today's world, even future Barca's midfielders will require better physical skills than our midfielders in 90s and 00s.
That doesn't mean that we will need to buy players who are tall and strong as robots, but imo, in a current football, players like Halil, Denis and similar will have huge problems in playing in top teams (as starters).
And similar "classic La Masia players" will also struggle in a modern football. (That doesn't mean that a 168 cm tall player will never again be a superstar, though).

La masia should forget team's result and focus more on developing players.
But also, it is true that in current era, La Masia will also have to work slightly more on physical skills than in 90s and 00s.

For La liga, we are good enough.
But almost all our defeats in a CL in the last few years were because we were outmuscled and outran by the opponents.
Our technique wasn't good enough. And yet, we had Messi in our team (and we lost in 5 out of last 6 CL seasons with Messi and shorter players).
In 3-4 years when Messi won't be here to save our asses, I guess that we will have huge problems if we'll continue to rely only on shorter, technically gifted players.

Again, we don't need thugs or 190 cm tall midfielders, but we'll need to raise a bar slightly higher for our players in physical area.
Currently, for example, we have one of the slowest midfield lines in La liga: old Iniesta, slow Busi, slow Raki, slow Arda, ultraslow Gomes, average Rafinha.
Only Denis is faster, but he is very weak in strength.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

That speech is as valid now as it were when Xavi was young, bbz. The player most want here is 1.65m Verratti. It's still not about being physical, but being good. Gomes is tall and strong, but a terrible fit for Barça, for instance.

You also missed the point of what I was talking about. La masia lost the focus in forming players. All they want now is results.

JamDav1982

That speech is as valid now as it were when Xavi was young, bbz. The player most want here is 1.65m Verratti. It's still not about being physical, but being good.

You also missed the point of what I was talking about. La masia lost the focus in forming players. All they want now is results.

It isnt all about results it is a mix of the two.

A couple years ago they went for more La Masia based young players in team and folk went into meltdown when they got relegated.

Now they are trying to get the balance right as it was under Pep and Lucho when some of the most important players were those brought in from outside and gave the team a basic level to try and develop other players.

El Flaco

Stoichkov's comments on Cruyff in the Spanish magazine 'Panenka'

[tw]841752826199986177[/tw]

[tw]841752924866793472[/tw]¨

[tw]841752985227022336[/tw]

[tw]841753075513679873[/tw]

[tw]841753280065691648[/tw]

[tw]841753346960646144[/tw]

[tw]841753477596372993[/tw]

[tw]841753553219727360[/tw]

[tw]841753617459699712[/tw]

[tw]841753690830692352[/tw]