Johan Cruyff

Evil

Shabazz
Definitely.

Does anyone think he will ever return to the club in an official role? If so, what role and when?

He´s already 61, so it´s very hard to see him return to the club in an official role, if he does though, I´d like to him take Txiki´s place and manage all the transfers.

Zqa-

I actually wondered why he never tried to get a sporting director job, or something like that. He just "runs" the club from the sideline..

Beast

The Observer
Cruyff is God, fact. Brilliant player and coach.

he takes lots of credit for Rinus work.. the later is very underrated among cule's, who talk about Cruyff is if he is total football while he is just a student for the General

Warik

Important to note that Cruyff himself is always quick to point the finger towards Rinus as the true architect of total football and has never accepted any of the praise levelled at him by cules for inventing total football. However has to be said that he did modernize the tactics for the late 80's and early 90's game.

"Both as a player and as a trainer there is nobody who taught me as much as him. I will miss Rinus Michels. ... I always greatly admired his leadership." - Cruyff

Beast

The Observer
i didn't accuse Cruyff Warik, i said cule's do , the break in the 70's in Barca fortunes came when Rinus take over.. personally i don't think he modernized total football , the only refinement came from Kovacs .. didn't move from there

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Who has ever claimed that Cruyff invented total football? Certainly nobody at Barça, no cules that I know, people credit Cruyff with bringing that style to our club and establishing it down the youth ranks as was Michel's teaching but nothing else. Do you have any firm sources on who these "cules" are Baste?

Beast

The Observer
Who has ever claimed that Cruyff invented total football? Certainly nobody at Barça, no cules that I know, people credit Cruyff with bringing that style to our club and establishing it down the youth ranks as was Michel's teaching but nothing else. Do you have any firm sources on who these "cules" are Baste?

There ^^^^^ Conoangles

It was Rinus not Cruyff who brought that to Barca and brought Cruyff as well

and where did i say Invent ?
:icon_confused:

Home of Barca Fans