9 - Samuel Eto'o

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe not the best, but IMO he's easily the greatest Barcelona striker of modern day football.

serghei

Maybe not the best, but IMO he's easily the greatest Barcelona striker of modern day football.

For me he was the best no9 of the last 20 years, and not only from Barcelona, but from all. What set him apart was the overall link-up play and movement, on top of the killer instinct.

Better than Suarez, Shevchenko, Van Nistelrooy, Benzema, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski, Rooney.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For me he was the best no9 of the last 20 years, and not only from Barcelona, but from all. What set him apart was the overall link-up play and movement, on top of the killer instinct.

Better than Suarez, Shevchenko, Van Nistelrooy, Benzema, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski, Rooney.

He's easily better than everyone you mentioned, apart from possibly who Suarez has a good shout in there. Ronaldo too I suppose although his club career was hampered by injuries and he's never won the Champions League.

For Barca however there's no doubt in my mind that Eto'o is much better than Suarez in terms of importance and legacy wise despite Suarez having a better goalscoring record.

KingLeo10

That 05-06 team with just slightly out of peak Dinho, prime Eto'o, and young/hungry Messi is way too underrated. They'd kill today's Liverpool or City IMO.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I'll never forgive Pep for ditching him out the way he did. Samu bled our colors through and through, and he was a fighter and a big game player. A legend in the blaugrana firmament.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I do love Eto'o but Ronaldo was hands down best #9 the game of football ever seen in that one season in Barca.

serghei

That 05-06 team with just slightly out of peak Dinho, prime Eto'o, and young/hungry Messi is way too underrated. They'd kill today's Liverpool or City IMO.

No doubt. Liverpool barely beat this Valverde Barcelona, while losing 3-0 to them.

Home of Barca Fans