9 - Samuel Eto'o

silvia

What Etoo said is the truth, imo.

Football is a fair play sport, but only to some extent.
For example, most of our fans will deny it, but in Champions league, Barcelona, Real and similar teams are often "pushed" by referees, in some situations.
I am not saying that our results are good (only) because of referees, but for example, Barca or Real will get 6:4 or 7:3 decisions which are 50:50 in their favor, against teams like Borussia, Schalke, Psg etc.

The same is in qualifying groups for World cup or European cup, where Italy, France, England and similar will usually get a boost if they will get into troubles against Georgia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Norway or any random average/weaker team who is causing "troubles" in their group.

Or at World cups, "big teams" and home teams are always "pushed" through a group stage, if possible, and at least to 1/4 finals.

Anyway, Barca and Real are pushed (if needed), because Barca:Real or Barca:Bayern final will get more sponsors/people watching all around the world, than a Atletico:Schalke/Psg final.
People want to see epic duels between Messi and Ronaldo and similar.
Or Ronaldinho vs Zidane in the past etc.

On a World cup, people want to see Argentina:Brasil or Brasil:Spain or Germany:Italy and similar matches in semis and in finals.
Not too many want to watch Croatia:Colombia final, for example.
Again, bigger names in the finals will bring more people watch the match all around the world, more sponsors, more "talk" about the match and world cup.
-- so, in that sense, if Croatia or Colombia can win 3:0 against Brasil and kick them out, referees won't interfere, because they can't do anything
-- but if the result is 1:1 or similar, you can expect a penaldo for Brasil, red card for the opponent, a lot of 50:50 duels in favor of a bigger team etc
= and in the end, a bigger team will usually win 7:3 or 8:2 of those matches, with a little help from the Fifa and referees

The same is with Borussia/Arsenal/Liverpool/Roma against Barca or Real
-- if we trash them 5:0, everything is ok
-- but if we will get into troubles with 1:1 and similar, you can expect "a lucky" penaldo for us, a red card for opponent, some strange onside/offside decisions etc
-- the only way for a weaker team to kick bigger teams out from CL is to trash them 3:0, so that Uefa and referees can't help

So, when Barca and Real play in CL finals, referees don't care about the winners. We will get a fair game then. (Because both teams are big teams)
Also, when 2 crap teams play in group stage, you will get a fair play game by Uefa.
But, whenever is possible, Fifa and Uefa will slightly help to Brasil, Argentina, Italy, Germany, Spain, France (remember the scandal vs Ireland a few years ago, lol), and the same applies to Barca, Real, Bayern, Chelsea in CL.

The same system works with Ballon'd'or.
Fifa's goal is again to have fancy and famous players from top teams, and from bigger nations.
That will bring more buzz about football in general, more sponsors, more viewers etc.

So, for example, a battle between Messi and Ronaldo is not rigged, because both play in Barca and Real, and it is irrelevant who will win.
The winner will be a guy who played better that year.
But, no matter how well will Suarez play, he will never stand a chance against Messi or Neymar, because they are from bigger countries.
Also, even if Atletico Madrid won the CL, their players wouldn't get awards.
For example, imagine if Arda was the best player last Season (which he wasn't), but there is no way that a player from Turkey and from Atletico gets an award.
That just doesn't attract sponsors and money.

So, in the end, FIFA is fair only when:
-- Brasil plays against Argentina, because both teams are big
-- or when Barca plays against Real, or Messi against Ronaldo
= but whenever there is a battle of a giant against an average/smaller team, if needed, you can expect a push from FIFA, UEFA and referees.

Football is a sport, but a huge amounts of money from sponsors and viewers are forcing directors of Fifa and Uefa to slightly "manually" adjust results, whenever it is needed, and possible.

Cameroonian is not popular, but Uruguay and Turkey is two of the biggest countries when it comes to fooball,
Turkish league is hot in the country, off the country too except it is selling league.
and actually, Suarez is gonna stand next to Messi and Neymar in UEFA awards, even je only played ha
f the season.

RevoTeller

Samuel Eto'o wins 2015 Golden Foot award following 2014 winner Don Andres.

etoaaward.jpg

El Flaco

Eto'o on his time at Real Madrid

I was not quiet. When I was 16 and I was in the cantera nobody respected me. My comrades, even, I do not even greeted. They treated me like I was the last to arrive, despite the many goals I marked it. The only people who have always believed in me and were Capello Galbiati, who gave me the opportunity to train in the first team. I will thank them both for ever. I threw the blood for them, but I was hungry for fame, money, goals. .. I wanted to be somebody. I never wanted to go away from Madrid, but in the company I wanted to. I'll never understand the real reason. I have always done well, the only explanation is that perhaps the black men in that clubs were not loved.

http://www.fcinternews.it/en/eto-o-...pello-i-was-hungry-for-goals-and-money-210506

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
[tw]722059749810905088[/tw]

I hear he gave Neymar a proper ass-whooping, showed Suarez how to finish and told Messi to start running

RevoTeller

The legend, what a winner!
I hope he taught Neymar a lesson or two about what is the meaning of wearing Barça shirt and Suarez on how to avoid offside.

Miss you Samu.

Home of Barca Fans