9 - Samuel Eto'o

Antimadridista1

I watched the interview in live. If what he says is true, Pep really is hypocrite. But Eto'o has a huge ego, just like Ibrahimovic, and Pep can't deal with this kind of guys.

fcbdna

Banned
I watched the interview in live. If what he says is true, Pep really is hypocrite. But Eto'o has a huge ego, just like Ibrahimovic, and Pep can't deal with this kind of guys.

Makes me wonder why he got rid of Eto and brought in Ibra knowing his disturbing track record. It was "premeditated" :)lol:) to make Eto look bad. talks of Kazakstan, giving henry the no 9 jersey, adding Eto to funds to get Ibra. . . Insults don't come bigger than this.

fcbdna

Banned
Eto'o is not exactly someone you put too much trust to his words. Like when he said he never plays for Mourinho then some years later praising him like he's been the best coach he ever had.

And Roberto Carlos comments about him which I got to admit, as Eto'o has been accused of being selfish both at Barca and Inter:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1550476/samuel-etoo-damaging-chelsea-warned-roberto-carlos?cc=4716

I wonder who sold him to inter when Mou was coaching that team?

Armando929

It is... saw this earlier, disappointing from eto'o. Pep was right to sell him.

Agree with this 100%.

And this isn't to take away anything Eto'o has done. He is a club legend and one of the biggest reasons we achieved the success we did.

But he's always had an oversized ego and sense of self worth and his reputation precedes him everywhere he goes.

BarcaOG

Banned
it's interesting. in a similar interview for informe robinson, in spanish, etoo was not nearly as aggressive nor forthcoming as he was in that interview. i wonder if he feels more comfortable articulating his frustrations in his native french tongue

BarcaOG

Banned
at any rate there's definitely something to what etoo is saying. his departure had nothing to do with sporting reasons; it had everything to do with the bad blood between him and pep. and that sort of dynamic develops both ways--both etoo and guardiola are at fault.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pep wanted to sell Eto'o along with Ronnie and Deco, but as we all know, Eto'o stayed another season and was an integral part of the team. Not saying that Pep or Eto'o might not have issues, who knows really, but being at Barcelona with the B team and knowing the club inside and out, maybe he saw Eto'o as trouble and wanted him gone.

Home of Barca Fans