9 - Samuel Eto'o

V

Valon

So combined they scored 26. Milito only has 6 more so I don't see the problem?

E

Esteve

Interesting to see an Inter supporter say so. I knew he wouldn't be the player he was at Barça but I also expected more.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Service thing is a bullcrap. Yes it has some weight but it´s often taken too far. How come top golscorers often come from lesser teams then. Strikers Guiza or Makaay or Tristan or Salva Ballesta. Teams like Villarreal, Racing or Mallorca. Even Depor or Atletico. Madrid or Barca had a better service by miles and it still didnt make much difference. Nuff said.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
How come Ibra isnt banging more then than he did at Inter then? You have to first look at how much your theory is flawed.
1. Eto isnt banging them because he is obviously not adapted (same as Ibra).
2. He is often played with another striker, just as was already explained in this thread so the goals are divided.
More important point is (and only one that should concern us), who is better for Barca and this one can only be answered at the end of the season. As for the price thing its plain as a day that we were robbed by Inter. 46 million euros + Samuel Eto for Ibrahimovic was ridiculous.

Service theory is so full of holes that it´s too funny to point to them again. Only 4 out of last 10 Pichichi´s came from Barca or Real.

Samuel Eto'o

How come Eto'o isn't banging them in then?

I would say both have the same problem. Adjusting. Have to say I thought Ibra would have been doing much better simply because he has more freedom and a better supporting casts. (thats just my opinion)

Never thought Sammy would set fire at Inter. Dont think its ideal for him

lonewolf19

Give both Eto'o and Ibra some time. They are both top quality strikers and will start playing well once adapt to their new team and league.

Olsend

Just read Inter forums most of interistas would agree of getting rid of Eto'o this summer. Without scoring a goal Eto'o has nothing very much to provide (don't mention defence unpicking, a very avarage talent can do that).

Next season should be very sad for Inter if no decent changes will be done, atleast they expect 32 y.o. major goal scorer to keep bursting flames. (And as I remember they paid for him 30millions lol)

E

Esteve

Haha, that's madness. They got him for free along with a huge amount of money. Surely he's not playing that badly? It's true that when the goals dry up, he doesn't provide much other than his great work rate but Christ, it's a bit early for talks of selling him off.

I still maintain that he won't be half as successful now that he won't have that endless amount of chances. He can still be a decent striker though, his form will surely pick up.

E

Esteve

Haha, yeah. But people can get a bit crazy behind the keyboard. The deal can't be a disaster for them, they benefited financially anyway. If Eto'o fails to adapt, any sale would result in an even bigger profit. Plus they'll probably win the league anyway.

Home of Barca Fans