9 - Samuel Eto'o

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Oh, I definitely miss the player too...I just think his time was clearing coming to an end at Barca...Part of it was on him and part of it was simply the reality of having to play these parked bus sides where he had difficulties.

I won't, however, buy the argument that Eto'O is a more talented player...Ibra won me over in that debate almost immediately on his arrival

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
Evil_Monkey_301.gif

I am warning you all Ibra haters that I will release this evil monkey in your closets.

AlexandraJonson

Skånsk Culé
Haha, Im sorry I can't help it.. I have just never really liked him as a person or his playing style, and Eto'o was my first Barca hero....

Ocelot

I miss Samuel Eto'o!!! After 27 games last season in Barca he had scored 22 goals!!! After 28 games Zlatan have played this year for Barca he has only scored 15 goals!!!

I belive and have always done that Samu is better than Zlatan and look at all statistics.. Samu has the best! Last season we scored alot of more goals.. it's not messi that have start scoring less, it's not the other players that score less it is Zlatan who score less than eto'o did!!!

Is it just me or isn't it funnyer to watch a game where we score alot? And is it just me that think we played better with Eto'o? We had a better defensiv play then better pressure, he started it all up front and everyone joind the press.

I just think it's sad that we did that change.. I now you always need to change somthing but that was the wrong thing to change!

And how many goals did eto'o score after those 22 goals? Not much.

[FCB]Messi[10

Idk why people are arguing the Ibra is not scoring as much as Eto'o did last season?
This is the exact same way Ibra started last season with Inter Milan, then he becomes the top goal scorer of the Serie A. So we should just give Ibra some time because he will start scoring again if he has the fans support.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Haha and had Samu stayed I promise you that all you Ibra haters would have whined as much on Eto'o and even more on Pep for not signing any one.

InflictingRage

Can't you just understand that Guardiola wanted somebody big and technical as his number 9?

With all due respect, Ibrahimovic is a much better player than Eto'O. Eto'O scored over 100 goals and will forever be remembered for his time here at Barca but Ibra does so much more. He is a creative player, something Eto'O wasn't.

Barcelona 2008-09 played unbelievably good and opened up the defence. Eto'O was the man to convert those chances into goals and that's what he did.

But we all know that he had a big attitude and was egoistic several times during his career in Barca.

Now, here comes Zlatan into all of this. Scores 25 goals in a very tough league and was, literally, the king in Milano. Sure, he didn't win the Champions League but it's Inter. How many times have they even won the Champions League?

We all saw how some teams played against us during the 2008-09 season. For example Chelsea, we couldn't do anything until Don Andrés saved us in the last minute.

Shakhtar Donetsk used the same strategy in the European Supercup finale.
Almeria used the same strategy in the LLiga.
We need a big, physical player like Zlatan.

Sure, he won't score as many goals as Eto'O did and he won't convert all the chances to goals but stop complaining on him and judge him after his career here at Barca is over. He's just getting started...and what a start!

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
Can't you just understand that Guardiola wanted somebody big and technical as his number 9?

With all due respect, Ibrahimovic is a much better player than Eto'O. Eto'O scored over 100 goals and will forever be remembered for his time here at Barca but Ibra does so much more. He is a creative player, something Eto'O wasn't.

Barcelona 2008-09 played unbelievably good and opened up the defence. Eto'O was the man to convert those chances into goals and that's what he did.

But we all know that he had a big attitude and was egoistic several times during his career in Barca.

Now, here comes Zlatan into all of this. Scores 25 goals in a very tough league and was, literally, the king in Milano. Sure, he didn't win the Champions League but it's Inter. How many times have they even won the Champions League?

We all saw how some teams played against us during the 2008-09 season. For example Chelsea, we couldn't do anything until Don Andrés saved us in the last minute.

Shakhtar Donetsk used the same strategy in the European Supercup finale.
Almeria used the same strategy in the LLiga.
We need a big, physical player like Zlatan.

Sure, he won't score as many goals as Eto'O did and he won't convert all the chances to goals but stop complaining on him and judge him after his career here at Barca is over. He's just getting started...and what a start!

lol, and ibra does not have any of those things? :lol:

AlexandraJonson

Skånsk Culé
No one can change my mind about that Samu is better then Zlatan.. For me samu is the best striker I have ever seen for me he is one of a kind and a legend, he is the man he got me to run like never before on the pitch, becuse I wanted to be as good as him, I started to run and stress the goalie, run and run.. it made me a greater player it got me a place in the womens team it got me a place in the starting line up, it got me the nick name terrier.. He was my first big Idol after henrik larsson, and I will always remeber him as the best striker in the world.. nothing will make me think zlatan is better becuase for me samu is the KING!

Here is a interview with samu about his time at Barca.. all I can say is that the tears was really close... I miss him..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXKW0EB302o&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElIkz9iRiZ4&feature=channe

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
No one can change my mind about that Samu is better then Zlatan.. For me samu is the best striker I have ever seen for me he is one of a kind and a legend, he is the man he got me to run like never before on the pitch, becuse I wanted to be as good as him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXKW0EB302o&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElIkz9iRiZ4&feature=channe
Better centre forward, maybe. Better player, not a chance on earth. Even when Zlatan is in a bad patch he contributes alot, we ALL saw that yesterday against Getafe. When Sammy was on a bad patch, I wanted him dead. He did nothing. He missed 2-3 sitters(like Zlatan did against Sevilla, which was utterly shameful) a game. Zlatan was okay yesterday, the only thing that is missing that Zlatan himself can prove is his bad touch. The rest will come with patience and more games(syncing etc).
I respect, and understand your opinion but there are many strikers in the world that are better than Samuel Eto'o, such as David Villa, Zlatan, Drogba, Torres, Rooney and so on. Eto'o is for me on the same level as Higuain.

Home of Barca Fans