9 - Samuel Eto'o

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I love the revisionist history that tries to paint Eto'o as a worthless scrub who did nothing for the club. I wouldn't really say Pep betrayed him as the two clearly hated each other from day one, but I can see how he would view Laporta as a backstabber. I wanted him traded as he was getting predictable and clearly had a tense relationship with the coach, but I don't know how anyone could say they handled the situation with class.

Well said Furia.

E

Esteve

I don't believe he loves the club. He was quick to point out how FCB was nothing more than a job to him. That's cool. I appreciate all he has done for the club & I wished him well when he left. It's just that I'd also appreciate if he'd move on & stop bitching.

desoe

And in same time I can google him saying totally the opposite thing, would that change your opinion ?

I don't need to read what he's saying (altough, how I said - I could easily quote him saying for you "I learned to love Barca for my 5 years here", if that would change anything), for me it was enough to see the passion and commitment he was spreading all among Camp Nou for these 5 years. Really, I don't need nothing else.

E

Esteve

No. It would not change my opinion.

Too many players are too quick to say that they love such & such a club. Saying that it's nothing more than a job is different. Once that's been said, it's clear that the player feels that way & really, it's not a problem. As long as they're performing well & not causing any trouble. Eto'o did cause problems. Every year. And now that he's gone, he's bitching about how certain people have betrayed him. I don't believe he loves/loved the club. And I don't really have a problem with it.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't believe he loves the club. He was quick to point out how FCB was nothing more than a job to him. That's cool. I appreciate all he has done for the club & I wished him well when he left. It's just that I'd also appreciate if he'd move on & stop bitching.

Doubtful he will do that, IMHO...He was the sort of player that needed to play with a chip on his shoulder...It gave him the edge he required to do that thing he does...Part of it is simply the nature of the persona of a striker, IMHO, and part of it was simply Samu.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So Steve goes on with his hate mongering. Taking one of his statements in 5 years. Btw. Eto indeed was a hot-head and said a lot of things. Many of which he didnt really mean. But thats the thing about Eto, he spoke his mind out and sometimes said things in a heat of the moment. If you looked at all his statements throughout the years and his commitment then there a little players that were more loyal to the club than him. Certainly none of the non-Spanish/Catalan players.
But now it seems that all it takes is that you sign for a club and kiss a badge few times and suddenly you are a new hero. Yeah, just wipe away all those years but then you also might wanna wipe out 2 CLs and La Liga´s. Barca rarely treated their parting star players in a good way. For you youngsters than cant remember further just think of the Brazilians Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho. All world-class players.

Oh, btw. and Maradona was practically driven away from the club.

E

Esteve

*Sigh*

Hate? How do you work that one out? Because I'm sure I said that I appreciate all he has done for the club. Do keep up. I don't hate Eto'o. Not at all. Yes, he was a huge cunt imo & I stand by that. That's not to say I hate him. He behaved like a child too often for my liking though. I've read a lot of articles & even posts here which point out how a lot of Eto'o's teammates had rocky relationships with him. That says a lot, imo.

And once again, I see another Zlatan reference in your post. They're different people. They don't have to come hand in hand in every last discussion. Back to Eto'o - I don't doubt his effort/commitment whilst playing for Barça. For the vast majority of his time at the club, he gave 100%. Yes, I have singled out one quote but I've only done so because of its significance. A player who says such things obviously doesn't love the club. And Ronaldinho doesn't really count as he just had to go, no question about it. He wouldn't try a leg for the club, unfortunately. At least his exit wasn't so dramatic. Don't expect him to file any lawsuits against the club.

So, Samu was never one of my favourite players because he carried on like a wanker a lot of the time and there shouldn't be a place for someone causing so much trouble. Gave the club so much though and I'll always appreciate that but his behaviour leaves his time at Barça sort of tainted.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just look at the list I made for you. Mark my words, you`ll see Ibra parting with Barca on bad terms as well and maybe then you´ll open your eyes. That is if Ibra reaches the level of contribution and titles as the mentioned group in the first place. But then again we are still far far away from it.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
oh my god..i`m surprised how s.o can love this guy after all those comission thing. he might score tons of goal for us but the point is everyone will if they are a bit talent and playing with xavi,ronaldinho,deco,messi,iniesta etc etc. i swear if we give regular time to bojan he:s gonna score as much as eto did.

desoe

he might score tons of goal for us but the point is everyone will if they are a bit talent and playing with xavi,ronaldinho,deco,messi,iniesta etc etc.

:huhsign:

What a terrible point, really. You just undervalued his 130-goals-contribution to this club just like that. Congratulations, this was so easy. You should be proud of yourself :beer2:

barca7788

Nepali Cule
some might think he's legend or whatever but what he did and doing now is not a signof love for BARCA.he might have tried to be so professional in the team but u need a bit more than that to be loved at clubs like BARCA.

desoe

but u need a bit more than that to be loved at clubs like BARCA.

Are you kidding me? Samuel Eto'o is one of the most loved players of FCB in this decade, check yourself before talking things like that.:shutup:

C

ChuckaOwns

Everyone loves Samu, what he did for us was amazing, i doubt we would of beat ManYoo if he didn't score that aswome goal, it let us calm down and find our feet, they ruthled our feathers prior to the goal.

Home of Barca Fans