Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Pirlo

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Draw between Xavi and Zidane honestly. Splitting them is harder than splitting the atom.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Zidane could do things with a football only a few people in the history of the game could do.

But in Midfield there are so many positons:- DM, AM, CM, LM, RM.

That really its too difficult.

DM:- Redondo
AM:- Zidane
CM:- Xavi
LM:- Seedorf
RM:- Messi

An honourable mention should go to Seedorf. The most consistent midfielder over the past 15 years and produces each season. Not a LM by definition but put him there anyway.

I'd say Redondo only had 2 magical years in the 00's and the 90's were his prime, but in those 00's he was simply amazing.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
messi's not a RM, you apricot.

zidane was not consistent and his finest hour was in the last decade anyway.

xavi has been consistently brilliant for the entire decade, being downright GODLY in the last 3 years.

seedorf is right up there if you end the decade in 2007. since then he's been inconsistent.

xavi is the model of consistency. 8 or 9/10 damn near every game for an entire decade, a decade in which he won everything there is to win.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If I have only play 1 striker, then he would be!

Saying Zidane was not consistent is just pure ignorance on your part. Whilst his finest hour was in 98, his 2nd finest hour was in 2002. From 2000-2006 he was amazing each season.

I agree Xavi has been consistently brilliant, but not for a decade. I'd say from 2005-onwards he has been magnificently consistent. Agree last 3 years were Godly.

7 years out of 10 is still 70% which is a huge chunk and was part of the the greatest midfield in europe from 2003-07.

Xavi IS the model of consistency. And 8 or 9/10 damn near every game for about a good 6 years. In his early days - the early 00's he wasn't so consistent or brilliant. But then Barca as a whole during that period weren't turning up trees either.

jamrock

zidane brilliant from 2000-2006 is bullshit

Xavi's consistency is in the fact that game after game, whether it be against the 20th place team in la liga are the CL final he is just great, giving a 8 out of 10 damn near every game he plays.

The thing that i always held against zidane is that while he appears in he "big games", if you watch him over an entire season, day in day out in doesn't produce that same level of performance, game in, game out.

Guess he saves it for when the cameras are rolling, that way fickle journalist and fans, are fooled to think he does that on a consistent basis.

Seedoft underrrated is and understatement.

ViolentLogic

Xavi is the definition, the archetype of CONSISTENCY.

The Oxford English Dictionary's new entry for Consistency - Xavi Hernandez.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
iniesta = zidane

xavi > iniesta

ergo

xavi > zidane

but seriously, as my man jamrock says, zidane was pitifully inconsistent (which is why he's won so few league titles in his career) and that, for me, puts him a notch below xavi. who is consistency personified and now has won everything zidane managed to win while being the pivotal figure in it all the freakin' way.

koko

iniesta = zidane

wow and you said i was strange

probably make a strong case for xavi as zidane was old half way through this decade but no way is xavi a better player than zidane...this is a point of view i have only ever seen on this forum and i doubt i will ever see a non barca fan say that xavi is better than zidane well maybe some post zidane kids who been watching football for 5 years

xavi is a great great player but he plays week in week out in a team masses better than the teams theyre playing against this is a dark age in spanish football in terms of competitiveness for the big 2 la liga had way more strength in depth at the start of the decade

infact these are some of the worst times for football i can remember in general for a long time crap teams all over

Home of Barca Fans