Iniesta: left winger or central midfielder

• Left winger

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • MC

Votes: 23 65.7%

• Total voters

Evil

Shabazz
I voted CM, we simply can't bench Henry at this moment, he is in good form so he deserves the Left wing place. Play Iniesta as a CM, and if/when Henry drops his form then move Iniesta back there.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
I voted CM, we simply can't bench Henry at this moment, he is in good form so he deserves the Left wing place. Play Iniesta as a CM, and if/when Henry drops his form then move Iniesta back there.
That is exactly what i wanted to say :D. But i would rather buy another winger, because Iniesta will be great again in the CM position. Last game he almost scored twice.

E

Esteve

Evil is right. How can we drop Henry? Iniesta is such a threat on the left though- The front 3 would be even more dangerous with Ini-Eto'o-Messi in my opinion. Or maybe Ini-Henry-Messi, oh but what about Eto'o's hard work? I can't decide haha. Iniesta is great alongside Xavi but I prefer him on the left. I can't vote for it though, not while Henry is here & playing as well as he has been.

M

messiniesta

How about adding another option: free role behind the strikers? Against Sevilla, he started on the right, but for much of the game he acted as the mediapunta behind Henry and Eto'o. He was sublime. That said, I'm against having a defined role for the upfront 3, so I like them switching every now and then as they do.
Imagine this for next season:
left------->right
Iniesta----Villa----Messi

And depending on how the game is going, it can easily be switched to:

------Villa---------Messi
-----------Iniesta

or

-----Villa---------Iniesta
----------Messi

hmmmm just the thought of it makes me hard :$

Zqa-

Exactly. Attacking midfield would be the best option for him, like he played against Sevilla (position on right but had a freerole).

S

Snyde

For a few games I'd like Iniesta rotating between those positions and when he is on LWF, Henry comes on in the 60th min. to make an impact and we push Iniesta back to midfield and when Iniesta starts in CM, Henry as LWF.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
Just stick him on the pitch and let him do what he likes.
In all seriousness, the way he clicks with Xavi makes him perfect for the midfield. He's brilliant on the left but in the middle he sees more of the ball and he's also good at ball recovery.

R10(FCB)

Crazy
I vote MC...if Iniesta play on the wing, Keita must be MC and Henry must be on the bench... Henry and Iniesta are better than Iniesta and Keita.

Home of Barca Fans