Are Barcelona strong enough to win the Treble this season?

Are they strong enough to win the treble?

• Yes

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Possibly

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Need more signings

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters

nebeer

Love is All
same here...
and I agree with what Keita said, "We're thin in terms of roster..."

plus I read in Mundo Deportivo that it seems Guardiola's not happy with Rosell's handling of signings...
basically Rosell's trying to sign players without consulting Pep first to see what and who he needs... only Villa has been a pleasant arrival for Pep.

I liked the times of Laporta more tbh. I just somehow feel uncomfortable with Rosell as the president. Not sure though whether there is actually any rift between Pep and Rosell..or they are baseless rumors.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sport claims that Guardiola won´t approve new signings and that he is happy with the current squad.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Sport claims that Guardiola won´t approve new signings and that he is happy with the current squad.

I dont understand... and EMD (or was it sport) had a cartoon critisizing pep for this.. this must be the first time i have seen them openly say something against Pep... he must be super confident in the youth..

Beast

The Observer
Hopefully as he was super confident in Shagmisskey, Ibra and other transfers attributed to the departed Txiki

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Hopefully as he was super confident in Shagmisskey, Ibra and other transfers attributed to the departed Txiki

More likely like in the case of Pique, Alves, Keitee, Maxwell & Villa and most importantly Busquets & Pedro ;)

Beast

The Observer
I'll give you maxwell and Pique (along with Busquets and Pedro ).. but Villa & Alves.. dah .. those were brand names and established stars already
Alves was courted by Chelsea and Real the year before it.. same for Villa..
Keita was doing a very good job with Seville .. in fact i personally think his performance and role with Seville is better than in Barca

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yeah but convincing a star who's a permanent starter in a regular(almost) CL team(who've won some silverware too) to come and ride the bench without complaining is actually a good negotiation! For example, Hleb's been such a bas**rd even though it was majorly his fault!!

Alves though is a star, was quite a blockbuster signing which might prove to be a very risky one because of the pressure and the obvious flaw in the player(very liable when it comes to defensive duties!!)... but of course since he's a proven player in the league it was more or less a no-brainer!!

Last edited:
F

Flavia

We definetely need more signings. The squad is too small, and I think we're relying a little too much on the youth.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I dont understand... and EMD (or was it sport) had a cartoon critisizing pep for this.. this must be the first time i have seen them openly say something against Pep... he must be super confident in the youth..

They are probably trying to save their asases from humiliation... after all the Cesc today/Cesc tomorrow followed by a replacement for Cesc in Ozil today/Ozil tomorrow & not to mention Zlatan out, if Pep makes none of their predictions come true it is such a shame for 'em :p

adil_909

our squad was more balanced at the start of the transfer window than it is as the window draws to a close. for a club like barca, this is unacceptable. if this truly is the team that starts the campaign, i feel like we will have an 'arsenal-esque' season with the wheels falling off the bus come feb/march.

10Messi10

True Barcelonista
same here...
and I agree with what Keita said, "We're thin in terms of roster..."

plus I read in Mundo Deportivo that it seems Guardiola's not happy with Rosell's handling of signings...
basically Rosell's trying to sign players without consulting Pep first to see what and who he needs... only Villa has been a pleasant arrival for Pep.

i hope rosell-guardiola relationship doesn't turn like perez-Pellegrini's

Home of Barca Fans