Sergi Gomez

V

Valon

Milito wasn't that bad tbh, well not in first half at least. Both CBs were good in first half but they collapsed in the second half. When I saw Abidal move in CB I was telling my dad "oh it's 3-1 now for sure" and like 1 min later Freddy scores.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Fontas and Muniesa were absent so Sergi Gomez asumed the position in ceter of defence and actually looked better than Bartra vs. Tenerife yesterday. It was his 2nd match of the season for Barca B.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Could someone translate this?
El 'triplete' de equipos de Sergi Gómez

El capitán del Juvenil A del Barça buscará este domingo levantar el tercer título de la temporada con su equipo en un curso donde también ha participado con el primer equipo y con el Barça B.

Sergi Gómez puede culminar este domingo en Ceuta una temporada muy larga, variada y exitosa para un defensa que a sus 19 años ha vivido un curso muy enriquecedor.

La temporada futbolística a nivel de clubes comenzó oficialmente en Sevilla, el 21 de Agosto de 2010 con la ida de la Supercopa de España. . Este próximo domingo 26 de junio finalizará el curso 2010-11 con la final de la Copa del Rey Juvenil en Ceuta.

Jugador ascensor

Sergi Gómez, capitán del Juvenil A, fue titular en el Sánchez Pizjuan el día que arrancaba la tercera temporada de Guardiola al frente del Barça y espera levantar en Ceuta el tercer título de la temporada del equipo de Óscar García.

Entre estas dos fechas han pasado diez meses y una campaña dónde el central de Arenys de Mar ha compaginado el Juvenil A con el Barça B donde ha actuado 9 partidos de titular en los que ha sumado 810 minutos en la Segunda División A.

Con el Juvenil A ha ganado la Liga y la Copa de Campeones (a la espera de la copa del rey) y con el Barça B ha colaborado en la mejor clasificación histórica del filial (terceros).

Cambios de equipo con naturalidad

Tantos cambios de equipo no han desorientado a un Sergi Gómez que ha explicado en Barça TV como afronta esta situación poco frecuente: "La cantera del Barça vive un gran momento y para mí ha sido muy bonito poder participar esta temporada con tres equipos, me hace gracia haber jugado con Ibra o Valdés al principio y terminar haciéndolo con un cadete como Dongou ".

La clave del buen rendimiento de Gómez en todos los equipos pasa por la predisposición del central de Arenys de Mar: "yo soy del Juvenil A y cuando me han llamado para el Barça B era un gran premio y en el caso del primer equipo pues imagínate, un orgullo brutal ".

La temporada 2010-11 será siempre especial para Gómez quien espera "poner la guinda al pastel con la conquista de la Copa del Rey Juvenil, sería histórico".

Un central de futuro

Gómez es un defensa muy valorado por los técnicos que ven en él un central contundente y muy capaz en el juego aéreo además de un defensa con un buen toque de balón y capacidad para construir desde atrás. Su carácter ganador y sus dotes de líder son también virtudes muy valoradas por los entrenadores que lo han dirigido.

iookram

Would google translate be good enough? I think I'll just post the google translation anyway.

The treble equipment Sergi Gomez

By Jaume Marcet

On Sunday, the captain of FC Barcelona Juvenil A looks to lift the third title of the season with the team on a course where he also participated with the first team to Barca B.

Sergi Gomez may, on Sunday, culminate a long season, a varied and successful defense of his 19 years has lived a very rewarding course.

The football season at the club officially started in Seville on August 21, 2010 with the first leg of the Supercopa of Spain. . This coming Sunday, June 26th, will finalize the 2010-11 academic year the final of the Copa del Rey Juvenil in Ceuta.

Rise/Progress of the player

Sergi Gomez, captain of the Juvenil A, started at the Sanchez Pizjuan the day that started the third season in front of Barcelona Guardiola expects to raise, in Ceuta, the third title of the season the team of Oscar Garcia.

Between these two dates have been ten months and a campaign where the central Arenys de Mar has combined the Juvenil A with Barça B where he has acted as the holder 9 games in which he has added 810 minutes in the second division A.

With the Juvenil A won the league and the Champions Cup (waiting for the king's cup) and Barca B has worked in the best historical classification of the subsidiary (third).

Changing teams naturally

Many team changes have not lost to Sergi Gomez explained in Barça TV as facing this rare situation: "The Barcelona youth system and living a great moment for me has been great to participate this season with three teams, it makes me Ibra have played with grace and Valdés at the beginning and end as a cadet to do so with Dongou. "

The key to good performance on all computers Gomez passes through the central bias Arenys de Mar: "I am the Juvenil A and when I have called for Barca B was a great prize and if they imagine the first team A brutal pride. "

The 2010-11 season will always be special to Gomez, who hopes to "put the icing on the cake with the conquest of the Juvenil King's Cup would be historic."

A future central player

Gomez is a highly rated defense by coaches who see in him a strong central defender and very capable in the passing game and a defense with good ball control and ability to build from the back. His winning character and leadership skills are also highly valued virtues by the coaches.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Ok :) I've seen way to little from him but I wonder if he's not actually the CB in Barca B with most future

Muniesa is always injured, Bartra is classy but more offensive

KhaledBarca

Ok :) I've seen way to little from him but I wonder if he's not actually the CB in Barca B with most future

Muniesa is always injured, Bartra is classy but more offensive

agree about the Bartra part.. i see him better @ RB!
But we have Montoya & Dalmau @ this position!

maybe Bartra can do a Puyol :p ( start @ RB, until he matures & get enough experience to play RCB.. cuz this is the most difficult position which needs alot of experience)!

Gomez played alot better yesterday than Euro U-19 Final!
Hope he keeps improving..

Its sad that a talent like Muniesa stays injured :S Hope he recovers quickly & stay fit!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sergi Gomez:

“Tito knows us, and we know that every minute that we’re given is an opportunity to get into the first team. I felt great tonight. We’ve been working for days with the first team.”

“Tito talked to us about tonight’s opponent and he told us that it wouldn’t be easy. When they had the ball they did a great job. They had the initiative from the back, they even dominated parts of the match.”

kozza

Why half of catalan people are called "Sergi" and the other half are called "Jordi" ?
Is there a lack of names in catalan language ?

Home of Barca Fans