9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
15 million euro's i'd say he's still a young player and 20 million would be overpriced.You have to remember that we are dealing with Ajax here they have shouwn in recent years that if the price is right, anybody is for sale.

FlyLo

15 million euro's i'd say he's still a young player and 20 million would be overpriced.You have to remember that we are dealing with Ajax here they have shouwn in recent years that if the price is right, anybody is for sale.

They won't sell him for anything less than what Huntelaar cost, you can be sure of that.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I think Suarez could be less than Huntelaar, while Suarez is a better overall player his more well rounded game (jack of all trades, master of none, etc.) and reputation for not being the most clutch man out there might not be as appealing to possible suitors, plus Huntelaar was captain and more of a club icon, as awesome as Suarez is he doesn't seem to be as popular among fans who have always prided themselves as the main contributor to the dutch national team.

Plus Huntelaar has so far been a huge disappointment, he's had bad luck more than downright failure but his post-Ajax record has been miserable so far, and I think after Real Madrid's dutch oven failed, the dutch league has lost a lot of the demand it once had. In fact now is the perfect time to make an offer.

supermar

This guy is really good! Good technique and passing and a fantastic long range shot.

I know it's only the Dutch league, but he has clearly shown that he is too good for that league and desperately needs to play at a higher level.

Besides, when Ajax play a decent European side, he doesn't completely disappear, unlike a lot of other "quality" players in the Dutch league. Most of the time he is actually the one who scores or creates goals in European matches.

He is young and he can only get better as he has shown the last couple of seasons.
He could be our next left/right winger I think! First as a substitute and after that he should take Henry's place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04CtM7IDvQc

Moe

powered by;
He would be a perfect replacement for Henry. Robinho might be a better player (at least for now) but he will cost way more and he's a troublemaker, we don't want that in Barca. Mata? no no no.

Scott

Please no Suarez. First of all he scores a lot of goals in the Eredivisie... level of defend isn't high, every week there are many goals scored. Remember Kezman and Afonso Alves.(search on google for their goals/apps in the Eredivisie) second point: Ajax want a minimum amount of 30 million. Some scums from ajax claim 50 million(HAHAHAHAHAHAHA).

And the last point: he missing to much big chance. He scores a lot, but missing a lot chances.

so my opinion: Please dont buy Suarez, we got a lot of young good players (Bojan,Gai,Pedro,Jeffren). Suarez isn't ready right now for Barça, so 30m is to much.

in 2010 there will come a new president right? no body will vote a candidate who promises that he will buy Suarez. :lol:

(Bojan) Aguero or Mata please!

Last edited:

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Yes, he would certainly need to work at some skills. He tends to miss quite some chances, as said earlier, and I've never seen him making a defensive run. He's usually waiting up front, and that'd have to change.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Suarez hit the post twice yesterday. Tried another excellant long range effort. Had few other shots on goal. The first goal was a result of Suarez trying to take them all on his own, tried some fancy stuff. Did a fancy footwork on another instant where he should have had the assist, only Cvitanich couldn't finish off the move. But I believe the last two had some thing to do with the alleged Barca interest LOL. Showed a li'l bit of frustration when another nice pass of his was not converted(read by the same striker). But he succeded to set-up a goal finally in 71st minute though it was not his greatness that resulted in the goal. Couldn't finish off on a deflected ball and the frustration was quite evident. God, Barca when scouting on a player, shouldn't let him know. It could be quite an unsettling for the player. Damn you El Mundo :p

Goal.com selected him for the Eredivisie team-of-the-week along with the fellow player we seemed to have interest from Holland, Afellay.

Those who say that they never seen him track back... well have you seen Ibra of all doing the dirty work before coming to Barca!? Have you seen Adeb doing that at Arsenal!? It all only depends on the player's motivation and how the manager gets the maximum out of a player:pep::flagvl8:

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
He's too selfish. I know he made a lot of assist, i saw him couple of times. With his skill he can do much damage if he's not to selfish, against eredivisie teams. You know there are no really world class defender in there.
What? messi is selfish too? i don't think so, but he's messi.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He's too selfish. I know he made a lot of assist, i saw him couple of times. With his skill he can do much damage if he's not to selfish, against eredivisie teams. You know there are no really world class defender in there.
What? messi is selfish too? i don't think so, but he's messi.

Selfishness of a young player won't be much of an issue for Pep to deal with don't you think? Agree the defending in Eredivisie is not much more than being mediocre, but Suarez frequently shines even outside Dutch football, whenever they play in Europe... His goal against Arsenal is sick. As some one already rightly pointed out, he doesn't go out missing when Ajax play strong opposition unlike some other so called stars from lower leagues. The fact that he scored 11 goals from 23 matches for his national team, also providing numerous number assists in the mean while speaks some thing about that aspect of his :)

Even Diego Forlan managed only 21 of 56 matches, just saying

BarçAFan10

"Made it, Ma! Top Of The World!"
most player that have come from erdivisie have been a succsess in europe, image how they could turn out at barça..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans