User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 241 to 248 of 248

Thread: Belgium

  1. #241
    Senior Member
    BerkeleyBernie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Berkeley, San Francisco Bay Area, California USA
    Posts
    2,758
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Entertaining friendly versus Costa Rica today. Great work by Lukaku, Mertens, and Hazard in attack. Hazard looks like a different player unshackled from Chelsea. Team starting to click well.
    *** IMPORTANT: PLEASE INCLUDE JUVENILE PERSONAL ATTACKS WHEN REPLYING TO POSTS ***
    ** TO INSURE I CONSIDER YOUR OPINIONS WITH THE WEIGHT THEY DESERVE **

  2. #242
    Senior Member
    JerseyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,711
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, folks, congrats to Belgium team for 3rd place. And all in all great football. They tried to play and not sit back. That is what should count the most.
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

  3. #243
    Senior Member
    BerkeleyBernie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Berkeley, San Francisco Bay Area, California USA
    Posts
    2,758
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still the most entertaining national team at the present moment.

    The last goal here...any one of the front three could have scored. All with great passes.

    Mertens...what a creative technical player. Would have loved to have seen him at Barça.

    https://mscom1.matchat.online/embed/9gSlVHQpTh
    *** IMPORTANT: PLEASE INCLUDE JUVENILE PERSONAL ATTACKS WHEN REPLYING TO POSTS ***
    ** TO INSURE I CONSIDER YOUR OPINIONS WITH THE WEIGHT THEY DESERVE **

  4. #244
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,266
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have destroyed France, the French didn't want to play Football.

  5. #245
    Member
    Slevinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BerkeleyBernie View Post
    Still the most entertaining national team at the present moment.

    The last goal here...any one of the front three could have scored. All with great passes.

    Mertens...what a creative technical player. Would have loved to have seen him at Barça.

    https://mscom1.matchat.online/embed/9gSlVHQpTh
    Mertens got an offer from Barcelona but did not accept it because we had MSN at the time.

    He isent good enough to start for us tho.

  6. #246
    Senior Member
    BerkeleyBernie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Berkeley, San Francisco Bay Area, California USA
    Posts
    2,758
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slevinn View Post
    Mertens got an offer from Barcelona but did not accept it because we had MSN at the time.

    He isent good enough to start for us tho.
    Actually, he is. And, TBH, I'd rather have him than Suarez at this point. Better a shorter faster more technical and clinical player up top if our #9 can't deliver in his role.
    *** IMPORTANT: PLEASE INCLUDE JUVENILE PERSONAL ATTACKS WHEN REPLYING TO POSTS ***
    ** TO INSURE I CONSIDER YOUR OPINIONS WITH THE WEIGHT THEY DESERVE **

  7. #247
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,266
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BerkeleyBernie View Post
    Actually, he is. And, TBH, I'd rather have him than Suarez at this point. Better a shorter faster more technical and clinical player up top if our #9 can't deliver in his role.
    He's not faster

  8. #248
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,637
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mertens is 31 at this point, he has been great the last couple of years but clearly not an option for the future.